Red Sea Power Supplements

Hunter90 HD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I have been dosing Magnesium, Alkalinity and Calcium by using Red Sea Liquids, but i have switched out my Alkalinity dosing from liquid to powder, whilst my Magnesium and Calcium are still dosing using the liquid - I will be switching over to powder for Magnesium and Calcium but i am just using my stock until i run out before i switch.

Since switching the Alkalinity to Red Seas Powder Supplement, my LPS and SPS corals are ticked off...

The LPS are not fully extending as they have been for a long time and i have made no other changes, parameters are spot on trust me ;)....

My question is, is this normal behaviour when switching over liquid to Power supplement dosing and the corals just need time to adjust?

Or is the fact my Magnesium and Calcium are still on the concentrated liquid from Red Sea and only dosing one of the supplement via the Powder Supplement via Alkalinity and not the MG and Ca is causing an issue?

I did experience a drop over about 3/4 days from 9dKH to 6.7 but got it back up within 2/3 days, as i was tuning in the different dose for the powder mix.

I hope i am explaining myself correctly?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Lee

LiLinka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the powder just has a different concentration of ALK unless mixed according to instructions, Give them time to adjust, and no it does not matter you are using powder for alkalinity and liquids for MAG and CAL. Only issue I see with this is if you mix the solution incorrectly.

Last edited:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I have been dosing Magnesium, Alkalinity and Calcium by using Red Sea Liquids, but i have switched out my Alkalinity dosing from liquid to powder, whilst my Magnesium and Calcium are still dosing using the liquid - I will be switching over to powder for Magnesium and Calcium but i am just using my stock until i run out before i switch.

Since switching the Alkalinity to Red Seas Powder Supplement, my LPS and SPS corals are ticked off...

The LPS are not fully extending as they have been for a long time and i have made no other changes, parameters are spot on trust me ;)....

My question is, is this normal behaviour when switching over liquid to Power supplement dosing and the corals just need time to adjust?

Or is the fact my Magnesium and Calcium are still on the concentrated liquid from Red Sea and only dosing one of the supplement via the Powder Supplement via Alkalinity and not the MG and Ca is causing an issue?

I did experience a drop over about 3/4 days from 9dKH to 6.7 but got it back up within 2/3 days, as i was tuning in the different dose for the powder mix.

I hope i am explaining myself correctly?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

Lee
I'm not certain that I understand what you mean.

If you're switching from the liquid to powder Foundation B, they are chemically exactly the same product when mixed according to directions.

The same for Calcium and Magnesium.

Assuming that the dosage has remained the same, any issue with your carol is not related to the switch.

You need to look elsewhere.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back