Red sea pro salt

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is strange, I use the same salt, and it runs clear in like 30 mins or less. I mix it overnight, but whatever you're experiencing is not common with this salt. It may be a bad batch or something with the bucket (Who knows?) but it ain't normal. I can't say I would trust it.

Mrflameangel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the RS coral pro and have not had a problem. I make a batch right after my water change and it sits for a week before I ever use it. I keep it on hand just in case. Great salt been using for for about 8 months now.

ppipalace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to everyone. I made a video on how to mix Red Sea salt Pro. I mixed up 30 gallons this morning after reading some of the post of some people having trouble mixing the salt. I mixed 30 gallons within 10 min. and the water was crystal clear I have this all on the video it came out pretty good I just have to figure out how to put it on YouTube, when I do I will inform you and you can look at. thanks

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started adding salt to water rather than water to salt. It worked for me. With red sea my only complaint is the brown dirt material left in bucket.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am surprised you'd recommend io with all your experience in hobby;) everyone I've talked to about that stuff says its garbage and I can say from personal experience when I used it I had to constantly dose. With red sea haven't had to dose since I've been using it.

IO has less magnesium and calcium than many other brands. However, it would be wrong to call it garbage. Many people have used it successfully for years. It is also the most popular brand used by public aquariums. Also, just because you are not dosing now with whatever salt you are using doesn't mean that you won't once your corals grow.

CJ

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back