Red Sea r42657US conversion union

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone actually seen a real picture or held this part? Every picture online is a CAD drawing.

I have tried to contact Red Sea and have not received a response after a month and their website is useless. https://g1.redseafish.com/support/product-support/products/r42657usa

Aquarium depot shows the part in stock at $56 but again no picture, just a CAD drawing. https://aquariumdepot.ca/products/red-sea-custom-pipe-connector-350g2-625g2-reefers-r42657usa

I have also contacted several LFS's but no one has seen one or ordered one. I have recently purchased a Red Sea 350 G2 and wanted to convert the metric plumbing to standard US and would like a cleaner method than on my 525xl. I have found a company in the UK that sells this same part, a metric to standard union, but the cost is $35 US each plus $45 shipping and will take approximately 2-3 months.

I was curious if anyone has purchased or even observed this part.

Thanks

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping post for anyone who has seen or has access to these adapters. I have tried contacting Red Sea multiple times: emails, tickets, calls and I have yet to receive a response. My LFS stated they could try and order the parts but were unsure of availability.

This is starting to p!ss me off, a global company cannot provide a response let alone have parts available. After purchasing my first RS tank 5 years ago and with a surge in sales in the US, it is just bad business practice not to focus on your customer's needs.

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed I have found them in two stores and neither will ship here. Red Sea says they have them but was told there shipping is really expensive. I gave up and am just going to cut my pipe and do a 32mm to 1” coupler. I’m so over it. I was told part 42221 would fit and found out the hard way it did not. I have a reefer 250. I will never buy another Red Sea tank again.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bought them a month ago from fishtanks direct

Looked like the picture you posted and it came and worked

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked out fishtanks direct. $49.99 is that for one connecter? I asked because the 350 g2 has 4 bulkheads.

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the help. Red Sea should put you on their payroll considering you provided far more detail than anyone at their company.

OP
OP
DesertReefer51

DesertReefer51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid $50 and got all 4
I received the four connectors. Did you receive 2 pair, 2 with additional adapters and 2 without? I ask because two of the connectors do not have a metric to imperial adapter, they are the same as the connectors on the supplied plumbing.

The top connector has no conversion, it will only fit 32mm pipe. The bottom connector has the 32mm to 1in adapter. I'm confused as to what the purpose of sending only 2 connectors that allow for conversion and the 2nd pair is still metric.

I'm waiting for a response from RS as to how this allows for the conversion. I intend to convert all of the plumbing to imperial/1"

20240121_184715.jpg

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll be honest, I’m not sure as I only used the return lines as conversion for my dual return pumps so I can’t comment on that

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back