OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear some good feedback. Have you tried using Stress Guard? I've used it in the past with great results and quick healing. When I moved I brought my fish from the east coast to the west coast a few times in a 5 gal bucket with no losses =). 4 day car rides each way. I've also used it when my clown fish would literally tear each others fins off nearly killing each other. That's a sight you never want to see, but I used Stress Guard and it worked for me. Another time I revived a Six Line Wrasse after nearly 2 weeks and had him for 3 years before he committed suicide. Poor fella.
You know! I didn't even consider something like that. I have a bad habit of thinking Selcon+Garlic Xtreme will cover all my bases with fish health. I give my dog CBD stress pills for storms, so it isn't farfetched idea for me. I'll have to order some to have on hand. Thanks for that recommendation.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished up a huge piece of music for a year end competition and was just relaxing with my music today and felt the need to put the two hobbies together again. Wasn't really focusing on making music today but added it anyways. The track got crunched by YouTube and makes my ears bleed a bit but if turned down it is an enjoyable 1 minute, I promise you won't regret.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for something for my sand bed. I want a fish that doesn't have a swim bladder. My only really issue is I can't have something that is prone to jumping. That knocks off most sand sifting gobies. Tank is mature so the options are really open to any 'pod eaters. I don't need it to sift the sand, I am just wanting something to take up that part of the tank. I don't really want something that will perch up high on the rocks due to fear of territorial conflicts with the clown goby. I have kept a scooter blenny about 10 years ago and had somewhat success. I also didn't have a tank near anything that I do today. I am reserved on getting another standard scooter blenny for the sole reason of wanting to try something new. So, tell me your thoughts. I would love to hear what you have to suggest for my fish role.

Current stock in display is blue fish and yellow fish. lol Color does play a role but that doesn't mean that something needs to be vibrant.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goniopora just melted overnight. About half is gone. Bummed but monitoring what is going on. Going to run a full set of test tonight, but I don't suspect anything off.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went through the OG post and adjusted the equipment list. Added the new stuff and scratched out the others that have been replaced. I don't know how I ended up with so much Tunze stuff.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been putting thought into chopping down my main Montipora in the middle. The pink one. Chop it back about 75% opening up possibilities of about 3-4 new frag spots.
PXL_20211111_222826886.MP_Crop.jpg
PXL_20211217_170254621_crop.jpg

If you folk have any suggestions on how to go about removing that much coral at once or thoughts on other cuts, please let me know. I am thinking about doing this any day now.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order for a lid for the tank. I went with the ClearView EZ Pisces EXO. I finally am biting the bullet and getting one. I have been opposed for reasons, but I am just tired of being so limited with fish selection. I already lost 2 fish to jumping from this tank. ClearView's site states that it may take a minimum of 60 days before the lid will be ready for me. I'll be sure to post my thoughts when it arrives.
1643402413640.png

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last photo probably before the big cut.
PXL_20220129_202833646.jpg

Close up I got of my birdsnest. Scared to death I was going to drop my pixel in the water.
PXL_20220129_202745160.MP.jpg

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and the Lid Fairy installed a lid on my 200XL!!! It perfectly fit like it is magic! lol I'll post some better pics later. Just wanted to share my excitement.
PXL_20220212_165500105.MP.jpg

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have a lid. I now can buy a goby. I can buy a wrasse. My thoughts are goby first then the wrasse. I am really picky about my goby. I have spent a lot of time narrowing it down to 3 fish. All off them being extremely similar.

Top of the list is Amblygobius decussatus
Second Amblygobius rainfordi
Third Koumansetta hectori (I haven't done much research into this one)

I really would like to source the decussatus, I just don't know where to even look other than Saltwaterfish. I am not sure yet if any of these fish can be captive bred, if possible that would steer my purchase. Where do you get your fish online? I will be posting the same question on my state reef board but want to keep my options open.

kiswanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and the Lid Fairy installed a lid on my 200XL!!! It perfectly fit like it is magic! lol I'll post some better pics later. Just wanted to share my excitement.
PXL_20220212_165500105.MP.jpg
They make great lids. I have one for my tank as well

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 6 new Acro/Milli frags as of recently. My clown goby thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. num num. Well, she was killing them. I spent a day trying to catch her. Put her in the sump with my dottyback. They looked so happy together. No worries everything is right in the world. I wake up and no Yellow Goby. I search and search. I still have not found the body or any remains. My protein skimmer went crazy for a few days and that was it.

I think she was sucked into the protein skimmer. My hear aches with the horrible situation of her last moments. I had her for just over 2 years. The longest pet I have had in some time. (Other than a dog) sigh. I don't even want to post this. It is embarrassing and at the same time I owe it to her to give her this post.

My beautiful Queen Goby, you were my favorite.

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order for some more resin and another bottle of NP-Bacto. I feel like I could go without it for sure. It just is a peace of mind thing. I know my Phos will never bottom out (has happened) and my nitrates will also not move around. I do think it is fueling my algae growth but it is no long a pest. It is just there and looks natural and not spreading or growing.

I have started mixing up just 1 litre of saltwater a week. I think do direct syphoning of crud out of the sump. I have been doing this for 2 months now and seems to really be doing a good thing. I consider it more of a trace element dosing type of thing. I mix a bit higher SG because skimmer pulls water, then it gets toped off and drops the tanks SG.

I am ready to buy a new powerhead in any form factor. I don't need much flow I just need more movement. I have my eye on something like a reef wave, but I really am not sure.

kiswanson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order for some more resin and another bottle of NP-Bacto. I feel like I could go without it for sure. It just is a peace of mind thing. I know my Phos will never bottom out (has happened) and my nitrates will also not move around. I do think it is fueling my algae growth but it is no long a pest. It is just there and looks natural and not spreading or growing.

I have started mixing up just 1 litre of saltwater a week. I think do direct syphoning of crud out of the sump. I have been doing this for 2 months now and seems to really be doing a good thing. I consider it more of a trace element dosing type of thing. I mix a bit higher SG because skimmer pulls water, then it gets toped off and drops the tanks SG.

I am ready to buy a new powerhead in any form factor. I don't need much flow I just need more movement. I have my eye on something like a reef wave, but I really am not sure.
I really like my reef wave 25 and it creates really good water movement, the two downsides are the larger footprint in the tank and need to be cleaned more frequently then the MP10s I have. That being said, I wouldn’t have a larger reef tank without a gyre pump after seeing how nicely it circulates water

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having some ULN problems. My phos have been undetectable with my Hanna. I started feeding ReefRoids again, but I am curious as to Bacto-Balance I am dosing. Why is this not keeping everything in place. Should there be an adjustment in the amount dosing? and if so which way. The only difference I have made is a 1% water change every Sunday which included sucking out the same amount of gunk from the sump. I'm pretty sure this routine has caused the issue but at the same time the tank is booming.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back