powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a couple of colonies today. The other corals that were added awhile ago are looking good. Need to add some updated pictures.

Indo Rainbow Millie

2DB7EC94-0E96-4536-9837-504FA0F54F3A.jpeg

Indo Acro

269C8E1E-7C96-40E5-A14E-7B9CE1090926.jpeg

Indo Acro

FF601611-CC0A-4210-9AE1-E100CF36A1C0.jpeg
@DesertCitiesReefer where are you getting such large frags? Somewhere online I hope to know this source available to me.

OP
OP
DesertCitiesReefer

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DesertCitiesReefer where are you getting such large frags? Somewhere online I hope to know this source available to me.
I get them from LAX Aquarium. Kris has live sales and also coral listed on his website. I have had them shipped and also picked up from the store. I know he ships all over the US and he gets a bunch of people on his live sales from all over. LAX Aquarium heres the link

Last edited:
OP
OP
DesertCitiesReefer

DesertCitiesReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I haven’t posted any updates in awhile but about a month ago every reefers nightmare happened. I was woken up in the middle of the night somehow hearing a strange noise from the living room and went out to see the bottom seamed had failed and water pouring out from It. So I had to empty the tank all the way and placed the high end corals in my kids tank and the rest of the corals and fish in buckets. Had my LFS come take the coral and fish in the bucket and just had him sell them since it would be awhile to get a new tank going. So I been looking around pondering my next tank for a new build and make it even better.

RoseQuatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard of Red Sea aquariums having this issue. I have a buddy whose Red Sea aquarium busted its front left seam. What a horrible thing to happen and I hope everything resolves shortly.

chemisfun11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So sorry to hear this news. It certainly sounds like you managed the situation as best you could. I lost my 90 gallon reef to Superstorm Sandy and decided to take advantage of the restart and had a custom tank built bigger and better. I love this hobby too much to quit.

dlaird76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear this. I thought it was only the older, larger Red Sea tanks that had this issue previously? Hopefully your new tank will be just as good as your previous set up. Good luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back