OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't notice this until now! Lights are out for the night now but will take some tomorrow. I had some algae fur in the bottom but put a few snails in and they are taking care of that. Also put some cool tiny litttle bumble bee snails as part of the clean up crew. Awesome looking little critters.

Fighting a balance between too much flow and the seahorses being discouraged from roaming and not enough to keep the tank healthy. Draco can get around fine and seems to like to ride the surf now and again lol. But Cassie seems less impressed!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didn't notice this until now! Lights are out for the night now but will take some tomorrow. I had some algae fur in the bottom but put a few snails in and they are taking care of that. Also put some cool tiny litttle bumble bee snails as part of the clean up crew. Awesome looking little critters.

Fighting a balance between too much flow and the seahorses being discouraged from roaming and not enough to keep the tank healthy. Draco can get around fine and seems to like to ride the surf now and again lol. But Cassie seems less impressed!
Bumble bee snails can be predatory on your other snails. I have 2 in with my pony tank and so far they have been model citizens.
You could lower the flow for just a little while until Cassie gets comfortable and then try upping it again.

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually thinking of adding sand to the tank. I like the look of sand on the bottom much more than bare. Hum...

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I look back at early pictures of Draco and realize how much he has fattened up. He was pretty skinny when I got him. He eats a lot and I usually feed them gut loaded artemia once a day along with frozen pe and hikari 2-3 times. Rare treat is live Mysids but they are very expensive.

Glad to see him filling out and getting strong.

They all seem to be doing well. Now I am setting up a double stand for raising fry. Hopefully I will have some barb babies in a few weeks. Practicing my bbs decapping technique!

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the bad news is he either miscarried or (more likely) reabsorbed th eggs sometime after the first week. The good news is I just watched the same pair do the egg exchange again. Hopefully this round will be more successful

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back