OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is built very nicely. No brace even on the bottom. My 80 reef is a deep blue rimless but I
It has a rim on the bottom. Not quite sure how we will get it inside on to the cabinet yes, very heavy!!!

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pleased with the progress today.

Tank, sump and equipment pretty much ready. Locline spray nozzles, octopus skimmer, GFo/
IMG_2096.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0495.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG
Carbon to feed chiller. Not sure how to fit sterilizer in as it is a hang on, no room between sump and wall.

Going to start to fill it up, lots of water to make. Will tidy up the hoses and cords once I know it will work as configured. Lights will go on later.

Seahorses patiently waiting in the small tank

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while and some frustration with the setup! Bought s brand new chiller and it kept triggering my GFI. Didn't even turn it on just running water through it. Finally called JBJ and they think somehow the water is coming in contact with electricity internal,y and just having chiller plugged in but not turned on is doing it. Crazy. Have had at least 4 of their chillers and never had an issue. Argh.

Other than the temp, all is well. Got my tonga rock in there and some pieces I have had maturing in salt water for a while. Along with some macro and a few corals. Some marine "ghost" shrimp in the tank but that's it so far. Using the cured rock and some filter material from the little cube has progressed the cycle quickly.

One picture of reefer getting there. One of Draco at the feeding station.

IMG_0502.JPG
IMG_0501.JPG

tjdouglas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Critterheaven, I love that you have Barbour's seahorses...they are so nice!
Please forgive me if you already tried this, but my chiller kept tripping my GFI until I added a grounding probe to my sump. The grounding probe has to be plugged directly into the GFI socket, and not into an extension cord or power strip. If you have not tried yet a grounding probe it might solve your GFI problem....best wishes to you!

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one but I should. I expect that would take care of the problem in the short term but I don't think a chiller should do that? No others I have ever had have given me this issue but I sure am not looking forward to the process of return/exchange/whatever.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one but I should. I expect that would take care of the problem in the short term but I don't think a chiller should do that? No others I have ever had have given me this issue but I sure am not looking forward to the process of return/exchange/whatever.
I agree with you. A brand new chiller should not do that. With the water being near sensitive stuff like the compressor and such, I would want to know that its right.

Hans Solo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the island look. Following as well!

Is all that macroalgae in your powerhead going to hit the impeller? I guess it's for keeping out the horses?

I'd also recommend a grounding probe.

OP
OP
Critterheaven

Critterheaven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well seahorses are on the tank. No chiller for now though the fan keeps the tank at 71 so just fine. I did get a grounding probe but I want the chiller repaired or better yet replaced since it is brand new.

I need to neaten up the cords and find a better ato solution than what comes with the tank. And some of the corals and macro inside need to be cleaned up. But overall things look good. Tomorrow I will do a water change and scrape the sides/bottom.

Would like to add 3 more barbs to the tank but looks like I may have trouble finding some. Maybe Draco and one of the girls will produce some fry!
IMG_0504.JPG
IMG_0505.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back