RED SEA REEFER 750XXL: Reinforcement updates

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I mean I want to see what kind of support brace is going to help without having to drain the tank . I mean where would this brace support
.like I understand it's for the middle but where is the brace attaching to..Hope's and dreams ? Figures I buy my dream tank and this lol

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I mean I want to see what kind of support brace is going to help without having to drain the tank . I mean where would this brace support
.like I understand it's for the middle but where is the brace attaching to..Hope's and dreams ? Figures I buy my dream tank and this lol

I think this goes to show if you want a dream tank you have to make it yourself.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pocket screws or brackets to a 1x3 or something similar sized would fit between the top and bottom stand rails. That’s my completely uneducated guess on the fix :)

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sure why you’re laughing tautog...this is definitely not funny.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I don’t understand about the fix? How is the brace going to be installed properly to make a difference. Red Sea made another statement saying only the 750 was affected not the smaller tanks as only the 750 has the longest unsupported length. I just don’t understand how the are going to put up a brace where everyone has their sump? Either way I can’t think of a way that wouldn’t require emptying the sump or Tank or both in order to fix the issue. Also I know Red Sea is stepping up - but they should be offering refunds for anyone with a issue if they don’t want to do the fix they are offering. If I had to empty my tank it sure wouldn’t be to fix it - it would de to replace it. In addition the after market value on the 750 is going to fall. Just think a refund should be part of the available options.

Yes exactly. If this tank has to be drained it is going to be replaced and that should be on Redsea. This is 100% class action lawsuit level.

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what I would do while I waited for the retro fit. I'd get one of these, or something like it (I have one for my truck) and just adjust enough so it takes some of the weight. Maybe even 2 with a thin bit of wood between them. Especially if you were seeing the bubbles in the silicon.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pocket screws or brackets to a 1x3 or something similar sized would fit between the top and bottom stand rails. That’s my completely uneducated guess on the fix :)

I agree and I am thinking about doing it before they even send it out.

dealseer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes exactly. If this tank has to be drained it is going to be replaced and that should be on Redsea. This is 100% class action lawsuit level.
If it has to be drained, then the tank will also have to be removed. The tank dry is over 500 pounds.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it has to be drained, then the tank will also have to be removed. The tank dry is over 500 pounds.

Yes, I had to hire a moving company to get it down 2 flights of stairs. Again whatever the cost is it should all be on Redsea.

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be honest, I see no reason to ever buy a red sea product again and will recommend against them in the future. Even their smaller tanks suffer from a problem like the one on the 750 model. It dosen't take a genius to figure out that plywood is not high enough quality to support an aquarium weighing over 1000 pounds.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At this time you have no damages, so what exactly would you sue for? Your tank has performed during the warranty period.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be honest, I see no reason to ever buy a red sea product again and will recommend against them in the future. Even their smaller tanks suffer from a problem like the one on the 750 model. It dosen't take a genius to figure out that plywood is not high enough quality to support an aquarium weighing over 1000 pounds.
More like 1900lbs. 180g x 8.6lbs per gallon + 300+lbs tank.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this time you have no damages, so what exactly would you sue for? Your tank has performed during the warranty period.

A defective stand and tank that is not safe. Even if you can fix the sagging stand or their fix works has the overall integrity of the tank been compromised?

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity does anyone know if the waterbox stands are the same setup and concept?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A defective stand and tank that is not safe. Even if you can fix the sagging stand or their fix works has the overall integrity of the tank been compromised?

Again, what’s the legal claim? It’s easy to say “sue sue sue”, but for what?

I get you are upset, but what is the actual suit you’d bring?

D E N I N O

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How am I supposed to drain this tank and keep everything alive? Including the fish that are no doubt going to dart in the rocks and suffocate. What a joke.

15698915514768788755105458973271.jpg

Sorry to go off topic but do you have a build thread I can follow? Your tank looks awesome!

Full reimbursment for the tank and the cost to get these peice of junk out my house. That's it.

Sure, but on what legal basis can you sue for a bad product?...

Has your tank failed or have you just decided you don't like it now that there's an issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering when they will release a similar statement about their new fixture’s power supplies.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to “be that guy” but guys the lawsuit talk has to go. I am a 750 owner as well and share many of the same concerns as you all. Hoping they come up with a good resolution.

Here is from the TOS:
  • Do not use this website as a platform to threaten lawsuits or stage boycotts.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back