Red Sea Reefer Lids?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across a post on another forum that indicated Red Sea would soon be releasing lids for the Reefer series of lidless tanks - would anyone here have any information on this, such as when they might be expected (if at all)?
grazie

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Early unofficial photo, but they are expected to be released in the US in January.

22894508_1393409564120339_7523694068135397922_n.jpg

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like these because they are black. I have one of the clear expensive ones and I hate the way it glows.

This guy is Extra Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I came across a post on another forum that indicated Red Sea would soon be releasing lids for the Reefer series of lidless tanks - would anyone here have any information on this, such as when they might be expected (if at all)?
grazie

I was at my LFS when a Red Sea representative was there and the mesh lids was mentioned apparently there is going to be a track/shelf that the lid will slide into and also with an option of a bifold lid..

OP
OP
easily_fishstracted

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the responses - i'm in europe so octo-lids would be annoying to order even if they shipped here, but since i just ordered a tank and don't expect it for another 6 weeks + 4 cycling it seems I'll have plenty of time to wait for the red sea release and see how they're priced.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lizard goes in here:

terr_sm.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lids are available here in the U.K. (not sure about rest of Europe) from early December and for the Max S 650 size they are £59.99.

I’ve ordered one on pre order and on the basis they are being sold by Red Sea I’m hoping they will match the quality of the tanks.

They look like they are designed to be a perfect fit on whichever tank you have, certainly from the Red Sea range anyway.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clear only. What kind of lid do you have?

Do you make black lids? The way the one I have transmits light is completely distracting. It was on the tank for all of about five minutes before I had to take it off.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an AA. It's nice as far as lids go. I got it for free. Maybe it's just lids in general. I haven't covered a tank in thirty years.

I just think black acrylic would look miles better as it wouldn't glow. It reminds me of those fiber optic sprays that were popular in the '70s the way the light it's transmitted to the edges.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back