Red Sea Reefer Nano

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've done it! I've set up a small reef tank after a short 25 year hiatus. As it seems popular, I've decided to do a small build thread and share my initial set-up.

First, here is the tank:

Tank_2.jpg

It's a Red Sea Reefer Nano and it's lit by a Radion XR15.

While the aqua-scaping is far from the best I've seen, it fits well with my 10 year plan for this tank. More on that in following posts though.

A few more pics of my setup:
Cab_2.jpg

Wires_2.jpg

water_2.jpg

More info to follow.

Jeff Fuller
clip_image001.jpg

OP
OP
Ebslinger

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticJamaica Awesome! Set-Up of the Nano was pretty easy. You should love the 350. My only concern with my red sea has been the sump dimensions. I wish I had a 10,000 gallon sump to support my tank. The Nano's sump is really small.

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AquaticJamaica Awesome! Set-Up of the Nano was pretty easy. You should love the 350. My only concern with my red sea has been the sump dimensions. I wish I had a 10,000 gallon sump to support my tank. The Nano's sump is really small.
You can always get a custom sump done. I plan on it (eventually).

OP
OP
Ebslinger

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is clean isn’t it... To be honest, I like it. I’m not in a huge rush for coralline algae to start growing, once it does, it goes everywhere.

As for the stocking plan, the next addition will be some soft corals as the water is testing great. Will also be adding some copepods in a few days.

Cleaning crew can wait. Atleast until I can’t keep up with my trusty toothbrush.

Jeff Fuller

OP
OP
Ebslinger

Ebslinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six Month Update:

Thought I would provide a quick 6 month update. Things are going well, still a little ugly here and there. Am at the tail end of an algae issue, but everything is going the right direction.
Now I just have to figure out how to take a better picture. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0031.jpg

Back