Red Sea ReefMat Major Design Flaw...Is there a Fix Idea out there?

DenverSaltyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a month ago with over 80 feet left on my ReefMat I got a notification on my phone that the roller fleece was all used up. Sure enough it had rolled up all 80 feet without stopping and I could not figure it out. Just the other day It used up over 100 feet of roller fleece wasting over $30 I cleaned the sensor regularly trying to prevent this from happening. Tonight I found a big water drop that had bridged the gap on the outside sensor luckily it was not the inside sensor or it would have rolled up again. The gap on the sensor probes is too close together and a large water drop is bridging the gap. I wrote Red Sea about this design flaw and will wait and see what they say.

In the mean time I was thinking about tying a string in the middle of the sensor and have the end hang down a bit to wick away any water from building up in the gap. Any one out there having the same issue or have a fix idea they would like to share?

Below is a pick of what is happening
image0 (38).jpeg

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping an eye on this thread. I only recently set up my tank so have not run tank long enough to hit any notable issues with the Reefmat 1200.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back