Red Sea RSK300 won’t stop overflowing.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3 days in this thing is still overflowing. I’ve lowered the water level to the lowest and up to the 8” recommended height. I have the water adjustment on the lowest setting as well. I’ve put the drain tube back Into my because it’s draining so much.

I’m curious if this is because of the epoxy I used to build my rock work. Should I have like 10g of prepared water on standby and just let this thing drain into a bucket and replace the water? Almost like a small water change?

very frustrated with this thing. I’ve had break in on skimmers but never like this.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could definitely be a result of the cement, yes. Just run the drain tube into your tank and let it do its thing - or leave it off for at least a few more days until trying again.

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it off for a while and in my large system I didnt turn the skimmer on until nitrates hit around 5 for various reasons. And I’m talking probably 2-3 months

There’s probably nothing to remove so no point in having it on assuming it’s a new system

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would leave it off for a while and in my large system I didnt turn the skimmer on until nitrates hit around 5 for various reasons. And I’m talking probably 2-3 months

There’s probably nothing to remove so no point in having it on assuming it’s a new system
Well this system was purchased because the seam on my IM started leaking. Only had 2 fish so moved them over soon as I got Dr Tims in. Waited the 3 days before turning on the ClariSea and the skimmer.

if I shut it down wouldn’t I just have to go through this process, just at that point instead?

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which epoxy did you use? It can definitely cause an overflow in your skimmer depending on the brand. I absolutely will not use Coralcrete because of that - it makes my skimmer overflow for about a week whenever I've used it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%

Back