RED SEA SKELETAL FOUNDATION DOSING

Callesjp11

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
El Salvador, Central America
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am in need to start dosing my 27-gallon cube.

I am doing 10% water changes weekly, but my parameters drop due to the number of corals (mostly LPS and softies).

When it comes to dosing I want to keep it as simple as possible and have been advised to dose RED SEA FOUNDATION SKELETAL ELEMENTS ABC+ weekly plus water changes.

If anyone has any info on how should I start dosing or recommendations I would be more than happy to listen.

cheers.
 
Hello,

I am in need to start dosing my 27-gallon cube.

I am doing 10% water changes weekly, but my parameters drop due to the number of corals (mostly LPS and softies).

When it comes to dosing I want to keep it as simple as possible and have been advised to dose RED SEA FOUNDATION SKELETAL ELEMENTS ABC+ weekly plus water changes.

If anyone has any info on how should I start dosing or recommendations I would be more than happy to listen.

cheers.
To be able to automate with a single dosing pump, I would recommend Tropic Marin Carbo Calcium if your tank is pretty new. If it is loaded with LPS frags/colonies, then Tropic Marin All for Reef is a great option. Both can be bought as a powder to mix with RO/DI to make a solution for dosing for significant savings and they don’t need to be dosed by hand.

The Red Sea product you mentioned I believe is a powder that you cannot mix with water and use a dosing pump and measure yourself by hand, regularly. Could work for your use case and coral types, but in my experience choosing something that is easier to do in the long run makes sure you’ll do it consistently.
 
Hey Jaax, thanks for your response!

I was also looking at all for reef, 5ml daily would do the job.

Also, do you dose Ca, Mg, or dKH separately?
All for Reef covers Calcium, Magnesium, and Alk plus trace in one solution. You probably don’t need all that unless your tank is more mature. Carbo calcium is both calcium and alkalinity in one which would probably be fine for now if your tank is not full of coral along with water changes.

I dose All for Reef in my tank based on just alk. Calcium and magnesium ride at good levels for me and I only check them monthly. Currently at 8.4 alk, 420 calcium, and 1440 magnesium in my 3 year old 120 gallon mixed reef dosing 38 ml of all for reef per day. My tank is getting pretty full and it still does great!
RenderedImage.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new