Red Sea SLOW On Warranty Broken Tank Replacement. Not Shipping Until "New Year's Inventory Done"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is now just shy of a month since I ordered my MAX E 170 from saltwateraquariums.com and I still do not have a working fish tank. My tank showed up quickly (less than a week) but showed up broken.
After almost 2 weeks of working with them and getting the runaround (it's not us, it's our distributor, my guy's out sick, it's not our fault) I gave in and called Red Sea directly who hadn't even gotten all the information they needed from saltwateraquarium.com. I am now working directly through Red Sea (still haven't gotten a new tank). The latest I have from them is that they are not shipping replacement tanks in the first few weeks of January due to "Annual Inventory". Their tanks are quality but I am so far not impressed with the warranty coverage of the tank. Glass gets broken in shipping, I got it, but I am now out a fish tank almost a month.

20171221_180032.jpg

OP
OP
tablesalt

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelphrey,

Thanks for your response. I have contacted Red Sea just this morning and received the following response:

We are making progress on our inventory audits and we will start shipping again as soon as we receive a clear to do so. We are as anxious as you are and it’s our top priority to start shipping out replacement products again. I have everything that I needed for your replacement tank.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

I am happy to know Red Sea has me covered as saltwateraquarium.com has been dropping the ball, but was hoping for a shipment sooner. I understand that they have to do inventory periodically, but fail to see how that is my issue.

OP
OP
tablesalt

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent Red Sea a nastygram about my services with saltwateraquarium.com and received the following response.

I am very sorry to hear about the frustrating situation you have endured. From what I can see, Saltwateraquarium.com is not a direct customer of ours and that is likely why they are purchasing through a distributor. I will forward your email to our sales department so they can also be aware of the situation. We will make every effort to get the tank out to you as quickly as possible and I will also add a T-shirt and Reef Mature Pro at no charge. Please let me know what size shirt you would need.

So... plus 1 to Red Sea!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pelphrey,

Thanks for your response. I have contacted Red Sea just this morning and received the following response:

We are making progress on our inventory audits and we will start shipping again as soon as we receive a clear to do so. We are as anxious as you are and it’s our top priority to start shipping out replacement products again. I have everything that I needed for your replacement tank.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

I am happy to know Red Sea has me covered as saltwateraquarium.com has been dropping the ball, but was hoping for a shipment sooner. I understand that they have to do inventory periodically, but fail to see how that is my issue.

I never said it was your issue, I was just trying to help... Physical inventory can be very demanding, it all depends on the experienced workforce and manpower. During this time nothing can move in or out of the facility.

Make sure when you get the new tank in you register it!

dankreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel better I had a 420g custom tank that took 6 months to build show up broken. Then another 4-5 months for a replacement . Had to pay 2x for lifts tractors and hands to come bring in house . You will win eventually !

OP
OP
tablesalt

tablesalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It showed up yesterday! It took forever to get it but it is a beautiful tank and I cannot appreciate the build quality on this thing enough. So much better than my first get nano cube I had a decade ago.

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're lucky. They made some BS excuse not to fix a crack in the sump. Never again, Red Sea.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back