Red sea stand question.

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recieved a redsea tank and stand (used) and while the tank seems to fit the stand length wise it doesnt fit width wise which is kinda odd… is it meant to fit like this? If not what would be the best fix? I know there are a fair number of red sea leak issues so i just want to make sure that it has the best chance of success. If i have to put some money into fixing the stand so be it as the tank and stand cost 150.

IMG_4066.jpeg IMG_4065.jpeg IMG_4064.jpeg

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this looks like the hanging glass design red sea uses, which is a reason for seam breaks. My front pane of glass does that too and it makes me nervous

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh, yea. Would it be better to expand the stand a bit or will it not make much a difference? I was thinking 3/4” slapped in top?
Might try it, Ive thought about doing something similar but my tank is full and running so I cant unless I drain it. Maybe someone else can advise, thats the way they are built but if you just look into red sea seam breaks its all behind that floating panel of glass

OP
OP
bigbugoutfitters

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. If it hasnt been show to help i suppose ill just chance it, but id prefer to have it last… the tank had only been in use for a couple months so it should have some life left in it…

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. If it hasnt been show to help i suppose ill just chance it, but id prefer to have it last… the tank had only been in use for a couple months so it should have some life left in it…
You would hope so! Just seen a lot of them like 1.5 to two years in. Theres a huge thread on here about it and people’s experiance if you want to read that before you buy! Wish I had been on this form before I got mg first red sea

Synthgp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the seam issues are why they began using slightly thicker glass and also added euro-bracing in the G2+ models. I am considering a Red Sea 350 as my first tank during their Thanksgiving week sale (assuming they continue the trend from previously years).

OP
OP
bigbugoutfitters

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, ive been following the thread. It is not a huge tank, just a 250 and it seems like more of the issues are with the larger tanks… if i havnt heard of anyone adding a new top to the stand by the end of the week i suppose ill just chance it. Ill keep my current tank on hand just incase.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, ive been following the thread. It is not a huge tank, just a 250 and it seems like more of the issues are with the larger tanks… if i havnt heard of anyone adding a new top to the stand by the end of the week i suppose ill just chance it. Ill keep my current tank on hand just incase.
Sounds good!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the seam issues are why they began using slightly thicker glass and also added euro-bracing in the G2+ models. I am considering a Red Sea 350 as my first tank during their Thanksgiving week sale (assuming they continue the trend from previously years).
Yeah havnt heard much about the G2. I have a max system gen1 I think

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back