Red Sea Test kits

  • Thread starter Thread starter Isiah1820
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Isiah1820

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
355
Reaction score
98
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had these test kits from my last reef before I drained it and moved out of state. Some of the bottles says it expires 5/22 and 4/22 for the PO4 and NO3. The calk,mag, and KH says 6/22. my question is are they still viable.

B6D69699-2C7F-406A-9F51-38B3633A901A.jpeg
 
Who knows. These test kits must degrade gradually presumably and not overnight on an arbitrary date. If weekly test results ‘seem OK’ and the results match one’s observation of the DT then that may be a good guide. I bought the same kits recently and found one of the droppers to be useless and some of the colours hard to distinguish. My new Salifert test kits seem more idiot proof. But then I may be wrong!
 
Guess I could use them and match em to what my lfs test.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new