Red Spot Blenny???

Reef Devils

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2023
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
9,622
Location
Durham, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red spot Blenny in quarantine and should be ready to go in my tank in about a week and a half. Is this a good fish? I think it is a sand sifter right?
 
I’ve got one in qt right now as well - my understanding is that they are more likely to pick algae off rocks than to sand sift but I’ve never had one in a reef yet.
 
I’ve got one in qt right now as well - my understanding is that they are more likely to pick algae off rocks than to sand sift but I’ve never had one in a reef yet.
Ok cool. That works with me. Cleaning algae is always a good thing. Do you know if they fit themself a hole in the sand?
 
Ok cool. That works with me. Cleaning algae is always a good thing. Do you know if they fit themself a hole in the sand?
Do they make a hole in the sand for themself
 
More likely to pick a hole in a rock/barnacle given the choice - but burrowing isn’t impossible.

I’m pretty sure orange and red spot are the same fish.
 
More likely to pick a hole in a rock/barnacle given the choice - but burrowing isn’t impossible.

I’m pretty sure orange and red spot are the same fish.
Ok. Idk if I have any holes in rock but he can find one
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new