Red stag

  • Thread starter Thread starter Asagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
IMG_1272.jpeg
You sir are officially reef stick marketing certified, slap a fancy name and you got it.
 
You're in southern ca, not sure if they still have this colony or not, but I saw it in person about 4-years ago at their shop in Riverside. TCK Texas Pink Stag

The truth is that we bailed out of CA 2 years ago. God bless Texas!
 
I guess it depends where you look, see link below. But I agree with you.... When I think of staghorn, I don't think of mille.
https://eol.org/pages/45276300
Yea I’d call that just straight wrong. :grinning-face-with-sweat: Unless you consider any acro that branch’s at all a staghorn.
 
You wanted something like Ultra spliced red ruby cherry berry rainbow, minus the other 6 colors
There you go .. or ultra cherry ruby red spliced berries reverse rainbow, to mix up your words
 
I too have a fairly large colony of red Robin stag and it does not seem to branch like the original picture.

Mine looks exactly like the last photo except there is green at the base of the coral.
Mine has a lot of pale greenish color on the encrusting parts but none on the actual branching.
 
Mine has a lot of pale greenish color on the encrusting parts but none on the actual branching.
Same... funny thing though, I was talking to a coral vendor this afternoon and he said that his red robin doesn't have any green. Even at the base. Which is funny because all the photos i see have green ring around the base. It makes me wonder if there are different versions with the same name that are 2 distinct different species.

I plan to get a frag of his FF Red Robin to see if they're different.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new