Red stains in vertex reactor. Something leaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ccs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ccs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today, while cleaning my vertex carbon reactor, I noticed this red stains in several places.

tempImageB5gHQD.jpg
tempImageZnUVmr.png


It does not come off by scrubbing it.

I use it for activated carbon.

Could this be the red PVC pipes leaching some kind of paint?

Incidentally, I have been having issues with high zinc in the last couple of months.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Hello,

Today, while cleaning my vertex carbon reactor, I noticed this red stains in several places.

tempImageB5gHQD.jpg
tempImageZnUVmr.png


It does not come off by scrubbing it.

I use it for activated carbon.

Could this be the red PVC pipes leaching some kind of paint?

Incidentally, I have been having issues with high zinc in the last couple of months.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
First guess is cyanobacteria but hard To scrub off makes me think coralline.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new