"Red Stripe Eviota" ID?

Northwest_Scapes_

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2020
Messages
730
Reaction score
1,036
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen these pop up on Reef Beauties a few times lately and they've always caught my eye. The problem is they're only labeled as "Eviota sp." so there's no concrete scientific name / ID, does anyone recognize what this species is?
I'd love to add a group since I'm going for a mainly Eviota & Trimma dominant tank and they look stunning
Screenshot_20220807-150533_Chrome.jpg
 
I've seen these pop up on Reef Beauties a few times lately and they've always caught my eye. The problem is they're only labeled as "Eviota sp." so there's no concrete scientific name / ID, does anyone recognize what this species is?
I'd love to add a group since I'm going for a mainly Eviota & Trimma dominant tank and they look stunning
Screenshot_20220807-150533_Chrome.jpg
The above posts are correct, this is Trimma cana and not an Eviota species.

I will warn you, Eviota and Trimma prefer to be in small groups of 3-5 or pairs. So I don’t recommend getting large groups of 7-10.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new