Red's 65 gallon

red13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2014
Messages
119
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, just wanted to share my build. But, first a bit of a backstory. A year ago or so I started a build on a 50 gallon, long story short, about two months into the build my family came home to a flooded house. The sewer line had backed up. The ta k had to come down, we lost alot of stuff and lived with my parents. But, God is good we had family and friends (and insurance) that helped us during a tough time. When we got settled again, I came across a 65 gallon, so I upgraded. Now for the fun stuff.
Tank
65 gallon acrylic 36x24x18, eurobraced
Sump
sea side aquatics, nothing fancy but gets the job done
Pumps
return- simplicity dc pump, circulation- mp10qd, jeboa rw15
Skimmer
eshopps sc120
lights
hamilton 6 bulb t5 36in, and aquatic life 2 bulb 24in t5 (untill I save enough for a 8 bulb ati).

The tank has been running since September, and finally working out all the kinks I hope. Its bare bottom, with a goal of SPS dominate. Dont have great pictures, all my camera money goes to feeding kids or the tank.
pXq4XPrWUnwreDtj8
 
20170225_155527.jpg
20170130_163123.jpg
 
Just a quick update photo.
20170409_180014~2.jpg

I also changed lights to an ATI sunpower 8 bulb, and started the dosing pumps. Its been rough getting the coral happy, but I think Im almost there.
 
Last edited:
Its been a month since i updated, I added a few new pieces.
20170517_174833.jpg


20170517_174833.jpg


20170517_174833.jpg
 
Its been a long time since I updated. This year has been a struggle. My mom was diagnosed with brain cancer, so my free time has been helping the family. My tank has not done well as a result. A couple of weeks ago I had an opportunity to buy Marshall Island rocks, so I jumped on it. Now the tank has a new scape.
20180330_224406.jpg
 
20180330_173235.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new