Redsea 160s alternatives

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bent17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bent17

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
544
Reaction score
85
Location
Space
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a redsea 425 G2 with 2x 160s Leds.. They came with the tank so werent my decision.. looking at new lights for the tank.. many videos I have seen are the G6 Radion. Any opinions or suggestions? Dont want to hit over 1k in price...
 
Depends on what corals you want to keep
425xl can do with 2 XR15 or 2 hydra 32s
But the Xr15 would be best as that tank is deep and wide

I’m planning a 425xl-625xl and planning on 2 xr30s so I don’t have to upgrade lights after a year or two
 
Aren't the Xr15 G5? G6 Is out right?
 
Hi all. I have a redsea 425 G2 with 2x 160s Leds.. They came with the tank so werent my decision.. looking at new lights for the tank.. many videos I have seen are the G6 Radion. Any opinions or suggestions? Dont want to hit over 1k in price...
may i ask why you don’t like the 160’s. i was thinking of getting the gen2 750 with lights so wondering what your feedback is?
 
I'm looking for 2 160s to go on my 625xxl to replace 2 xr15 pros. Why are you switching?
 
Whenever I see videos of tanks I get impressed on how nice their tanks are. Then when I ask they always say they are the G5's..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new