RedSea 525 Reefer cabinet integrity - Please Help!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have you heard any 525 blew up and failed?
No - but I don't follow it closely - If you look at various threads - almost all of the tanks have some incidences of problem.

OP
OP
B

bluesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest: I received the new cabinet from Red Sea and will be hiring another Aquarium Services company to come redo my tank. flying $$$... :(

OP
OP
B

bluesky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have completed the build. Everything fits nicely. Thank you Red Sea! Customer service is amazing!

I have a couple more questions:
1) the black foam on the cabinet top is uneven. It is caused by the packaging material being compressed against the black foam during shipping. (see attached pictures) should I worry about this unevenness? I have read online that there is a 750 which cracked at the bottom was due to unevenness on the black foam top. If the evenness matters, is there a way to even it out again?
2) Leveling - I have hired an aquarium services company to help setup and level my tank. Do you guys recommend leveling once with empty tank on cabinet and another leveling after water is filled ~80% in the tank?

Thanks again.
IMG-5853.JPG
IMG-5850.JPG

Tang22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have completed the build. Everything fits nicely. Thank you Red Sea! Customer service is amazing!

I have a couple more questions:
1) the black foam on the cabinet top is uneven. It is caused by the packaging material being compressed against the black foam during shipping. (see attached pictures) should I worry about this unevenness? I have read online that there is a 750 which cracked at the bottom was due to unevenness on the black foam top. If the evenness matters, is there a way to even it out again?
2) Leveling - I have hired an aquarium services company to help setup and level my tank. Do you guys recommend leveling once with empty tank on cabinet and another leveling after water is filled ~80% in the tank?

Thanks again.
IMG-5853.JPG
IMG-5850.JPG
Just curious, how is your 525 holding up? Any more issues?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back