Redsea 900dc skimmer

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So bought a Redsea 900dc skimmer with the self adjusting probes, I installed it water is on the correct height I saw a video on brs to crank it to 100% and let the probes do the adjusting, I did calibrate the probes both of them but it keeps over flowing it will lower it’s power when the cup is full of water, but it won’t adjust. I had to lower it to 30% anyone have this skimmer that can help

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 600. I had to adjust the physical regulator and wetness threshold in the app. I think they have a setup video on their site that talks through it.

OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 600. I had to adjust the physical regulator and wetness threshold in the app. I think they have a setup video on their site that talks through it.
Dude I tried looking can you see if you find it and send it to me that will be greatly appreciated

OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it on 30% and the physical knob turned down all the way and it still over filling

OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a separate power head in that same chamber where the protein skimmer is

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is brand new it is possible it is just breaking in. I think there is a paragraph in the manual that talks about it.

cohojoe412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is brand new it is possible it is just breaking in. I think there is a paragraph in the manual that talks about it.
I do have a separate power head in that same chamber where the protein skimmer is
Probably just needs to break in. I have a 600 and it took a bit to settle down.

cohojoe412

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but with the probes it’s supposed to slow down the pump speed and not over fill mines is overfilling @ 20%
Did you turn the control knob all the way down then barely crack it open? I had mine barely open for the first two weeks then once it settled as able to open it a bit more to get a more consistent skim

OP
OP
Alex_hairymoney

Alex_hairymoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it on 20% and the knob all the way down and still overflowing but I did throw in some dr Tim’s first defense which explains the reason why it’s over skimming like that, now I wonder how long until the first defense dies out

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back