RedSea Berlin XL Skimmer !?!?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tman1989
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tman1989

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I found this crazy old skimmer on Ebay and purchased one just mainly because I wanted to try it out and because I like to tinker with sutff. I'm not out much $$$ if it's not worth a darn. Does any one have any experience with this thing or know what size pump it will need to run correctly? It's a venturi skimmer so I do know that It will need a decently strong pump.

s-l1600.jpg
 
Not an airstone berlin?

I had an Mj 1200 in tank with TLF ball valve between the pump and skimmer. I use limestone and changed frequently. Those counter current airstone skimmers work very well. My first skimmer 30 years ago was similar to that, but air stone.

What gph do they recommend pushing tgrough that?
 
Last edited:
This is a Venturi Berlin skimmer. I’m not sure on the GPH for the pump. I was hoping that some one might know what pump to use???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new