Redsea or Waterbox?

Redsea or Waterbox?

• Total voters

LouieH94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I left the hobby for about 4 years and I’m finally coming back into it (with the wife’s permission of course *cough cough*), I’m stuck between a Waterbox 150.4 and a Redsea 350. In your guys’ experience what do you think would be the better tank?

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
I might still be a bit bitter towards Red Sea. My 260 made it 3 years and 3 months (3 months out of warranty) before the bottom seal started to go. Heard too many horror stories about Red Sea tanks. I now have a Waterbox 180, but it is only a year old so I guess we'll see. There does not seem to be as many horror stories about Waterbox. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I would say Waterbox out of those two, but I readily admit I don't know much about other options.
G

OP
OP
L

LouieH94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
I might still be a bit bitter towards Red Sea. My 260 made it 3 years and 3 months (3 months out of warranty) before the bottom seal started to go. Heard too many horror stories about Red Sea tanks. I now have a Waterbox 180, but it is only a year old so I guess we'll see. There does not seem to be as many horror stories about Waterbox. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I would say Waterbox out of those two, but I readily admit I don't know much about other options.
G
Thank you for the reply, my buddy got me back into reefing and from 5 years ago to now the heavy hitters seem to still be Redsea and Waterbox. If there are any sales on Memorial Day then I’ll make a purchase at that point in time.

Mwatts12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the water box peninsula 6025 for 2 years. I never trusted the stand from day one. I moved houses and during the move the stand literally crumbled. I really do not trust these out of the box tanks.

I left the tank empty in my garage for a few months and the bottom glass completely cracked. Worse part was I noticed the crack while the new buyer of the tank only was in his way to my house.

Current tank is a CDA. Much better

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back