Water box 220.6 vs Redsea Reefer G2 625 XXL

wheelz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have been in the hobby now for a year and a half. Looking at finally upgrading from a 75Gal corner tank to 1 of the two options above. (Was going to a 90 before I broke the entire bottom glass panel oops)

I am heavily leaning towards the Waterbox not only is it over 1k cheaper, but it also is a larger system.

I am a big fan of Redsea equipment however I feel as though there is no comparison when it comes to choosing between these two tanks.

Thanks for the help!

Dannyboy402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Innovative Marine 200 EXT and I think it's better than my waterbox 130.4. As for Red Sea I don't have any input. The Innovative marine 200 is currently 3831.99 for the complete system (Tank, stand, sump and return pump).

OP
OP
W

wheelz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Innovative Marine 200 EXT and I think it's better than my waterbox 130.4. As for Red Sea I don't have any input. The Innovative marine 200 is currently 3831.99 for the complete system (Tank, stand, sump and return pump).
I find it hard to get Innovative Marine in Canada :(

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at WB IM and RS. 50% off the IM is attractive but my lfs can get redsea and will take a bunch stuff I have on trade that will reduce the price considerably. I don't feel like going custom and doing the plumbing. None are exactly what I as far as demensions so I have to decide if I want to sacrifice length or depth. Ideally I would like 84" long 30" deep and 24" high but I don't think that will happen unless I go custom. I'm leaning toward the redsea S 1000 because I've been wanting a longer tank for several years and I'm worried if I stay with a 6ft tank even if I gain 6" of depth I'll regret it. I like the fact that RS and IM do not have the center braces.
Did you get the 200 lagoon or pininsula?

Dannyboy402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at WB IM and RS. 50% off the IM is attractive but my lfs can get redsea and will take a bunch stuff I have on trade that will reduce the price considerably. I don't feel like going custom and doing the plumbing. None are exactly what I as far as demensions so I have to decide if I want to sacrifice length or depth. Ideally I would like 84" long 30" deep and 24" high but I don't think that will happen unless I go custom. I'm leaning toward the redsea S 1000 because I've been wanting a longer tank for several years and I'm worried if I stay with a 6ft tank even if I gain 6" of depth I'll regret it. I like the fact that RS and IM do not have the center braces.
Did you get the 200 lagoon or pininsula?
Valid points! If you can save money go for it! I just got my IM 200 ext and setup was simple. It’s pretty thick glass so super heavy haha. The model I got was the regular model. A peninsula would’ve been sweet but I don’t have a good spot for it in my current house.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back