Redsea or waterbox

Fizzy54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. I'm looking to buy a new aquarium but right now I can't decide on which tank to get? It's either the waterbox reef190 lx or the redsea equivalent. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
F

Fizzy54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I ask the LFS guys and and they always prefer the ones they are selling at the store, so I'm looking for some honest feedback

davescj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 125 Aqueon and am very happy. When entering into salt, I looked at Waterbox, Red Sea, and Aqueon (pre drilled). Honestly, price made my decision against Red Sea or Water box.

OP
OP
F

Fizzy54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback everyone. The other thing is that I have yet to see a Waterbox lx posted as of yet even though waterbox states that they would be shipping out at the end of February.

jackalexander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option that is MUCH cheaper is a prostar 150 or 230. Depending on size, it can be about $1,000 cheaper than waterbox and red sea. I have yet to get one but I am planning to order one in the next six months.

Marlon_Holland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on mine to ship, last email I got was would be end of March is when they should get to waterbox and then from there is when they would set up final payments and ship dates.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 reef tanks. A Red Sea, a innovative marine, and Aqueon. They all hold water!!! The glass is probably a little clearer on the non-Aqueon tanks, but I paid 1$ a gallon for the Aqueon. Here’s the deal, if you‘re just starting out and learning a complete solution from Red Sea/Water Box/etc is appealing. Once you have a few rodeos under your belt you can pick and choose effectively.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Hello, everyone. I'm looking to buy a new aquarium but right now I can't decide on which tank to get? It's either the waterbox reef190 lx or the redsea equivalent. Any suggestions?
+1 Red Sea for me. They are just appealing and turn key

OP
OP
F

Fizzy54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Good to know and think over before I decide which one to go with!

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In light of the MANY reports of failures with RS tanks over the last couple of years, I would be inclined to steer clear. I LOVED my Waterbox 230.6, just decided it was too big for my needs and wants. If I go large again, I will probably go with an SCA tank, and get everything else separate.

1Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox all day, too many horror stories of Red Seas tanks.

amazongb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Red Sea owner ( I bought a 425XL in 2017 ), If I were buying today I'd be looking hard at Waterbox. I like the WB stand and sump design over the RS. My RS tank is fine, but will probably move some day and build my own stand and buy a better sump setup. If I upgrade I'd probably do a full custom tank and stand, but if I go the aftermarket route, I'd be looking at Waterbox.

Last edited:

Dunc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox is better quality in my opinion. Checkout Treasurecorals.com for another opinion.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back