Redsea reef mat media basket VS BRS mini reactor?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I know this in not an apples to apples comparison here. BUT having a smaller tank my sump space is pretty limited so I am wondering how much better the BRS mini reactor for carbon and small amount of GFO VS using the media basket that came with the reefmat?

IDK just thinking out load here. anyone love the media basket? hate it?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will be miniscule difference as most people dont let the media tumble in a reactor as its meant anyways.

It seems the water passes 100% through the media chamber on the reefmat so maybe you should ask, do i want to replace media in a reactor (internal or external) or reach my hand down into the water under the reefmat to change it in a basket....

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will be miniscule difference as most people dont let the media tumble in a reactor as its meant anyways.

It seems the water passes 100% through the media chamber on the reefmat so maybe you should ask, do i want to replace media in a reactor (internal or external) or reach my hand down into the water under the reefmat to change it in a basket....
good point. I dont believe carbon or gfo is suppose to tumble. someone correct my if i am wrong.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back