RedSea ReefATO+ manual scheduling

iaa12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this have the ability to manually schedule top-offs, possibly in addition to the sensor? This because I'm using Kalk in the top off water. The return chamber on the Reefer 350 is 25x25 cm I believe, and the height between the sensors on the ATO+ is 3 mm, so that's about 200 ml of evaporation to trigger a top off. I'm evaporating 1600 ml a day, so it would trigger 8 times a day , or just about every 3 hours. What I'd like to do is schedule a small top off, say every 30 minutes, and then the sensor can top off in addition if it falls below, or maybe skip a manual top off or two if it gets too high. I have a Hydor top off unit currently and I managed to increase the frequency of top offs by sticking 10x500 ml bottles of Aquafina in the return chamber in order to reduce the overall chamber volume - and I could certainly keep going with that - but it would be nice to have a more automated solution.

douglasbnyhof

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this have the ability to manually schedule top-offs, possibly in addition to the sensor? This because I'm using Kalk in the top off water. The return chamber on the Reefer 350 is 25x25 cm I believe, and the height between the sensors on the ATO+ is 3 mm, so that's about 200 ml of evaporation to trigger a top off. I'm evaporating 1600 ml a day, so it would trigger 8 times a day , or just about every 3 hours. What I'd like to do is schedule a small top off, say every 30 minutes, and then the sensor can top off in addition if it falls below, or maybe skip a manual top off or two if it gets too high. I have a Hydor top off unit currently and I managed to increase the frequency of top offs by sticking 10x500 ml bottles of Aquafina in the return chamber in order to reduce the overall chamber volume - and I could certainly keep going with that - but it would be nice to have a more automated solution.
No it doesn’t. But you can manually fill it with the app. Most resources I’ve read say the kalk will ruin the ato pump and to use a dosing pump instead at a constant slow drip.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back