RedSea ReefATO+ manual scheduling

iaa12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 13, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
20
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this have the ability to manually schedule top-offs, possibly in addition to the sensor? This because I'm using Kalk in the top off water. The return chamber on the Reefer 350 is 25x25 cm I believe, and the height between the sensors on the ATO+ is 3 mm, so that's about 200 ml of evaporation to trigger a top off. I'm evaporating 1600 ml a day, so it would trigger 8 times a day , or just about every 3 hours. What I'd like to do is schedule a small top off, say every 30 minutes, and then the sensor can top off in addition if it falls below, or maybe skip a manual top off or two if it gets too high. I have a Hydor top off unit currently and I managed to increase the frequency of top offs by sticking 10x500 ml bottles of Aquafina in the return chamber in order to reduce the overall chamber volume - and I could certainly keep going with that - but it would be nice to have a more automated solution.
 
Does this have the ability to manually schedule top-offs, possibly in addition to the sensor? This because I'm using Kalk in the top off water. The return chamber on the Reefer 350 is 25x25 cm I believe, and the height between the sensors on the ATO+ is 3 mm, so that's about 200 ml of evaporation to trigger a top off. I'm evaporating 1600 ml a day, so it would trigger 8 times a day , or just about every 3 hours. What I'd like to do is schedule a small top off, say every 30 minutes, and then the sensor can top off in addition if it falls below, or maybe skip a manual top off or two if it gets too high. I have a Hydor top off unit currently and I managed to increase the frequency of top offs by sticking 10x500 ml bottles of Aquafina in the return chamber in order to reduce the overall chamber volume - and I could certainly keep going with that - but it would be nice to have a more automated solution.
No it doesn’t. But you can manually fill it with the app. Most resources I’ve read say the kalk will ruin the ato pump and to use a dosing pump instead at a constant slow drip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new