RedSea ReefATO pump "stalled"

rbarr110

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
148
Reaction score
81
Location
Seattle, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the RedSea ReefATRO for quite a while now, and after having the sensor replaced (apparently an early defect RedSea had identified that was causing early sensor failure) it has been running great....until now. I keep getting a "stalled" error and it shuts down. This is not the "pump ran too long" shutoff.

I have looked at the pump, cleaned it, made sure there are no obstructions, but it keeps stopping after a few hours with the same error. I can tell it to resume and it seems to be pumping water fine, but just eventually stops. Anyone else have this issue, and if so, how do I fix it?
 
Impellors and motor rotors and motor shafts will wear after time. One thing you can do is look closely at the rotor to see if the hole for the shaft has been worn into an oval or see if the shaft has signs of wear.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new