RedSea ReefDose doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like the subject says... anyone have an update from RedSea about their ReefDose that was supposed to be out by Jan 2019? It’s almost 6 month delayed now. I had been waiting on it to come out but I’m now tired of the manual dosing so I might go GHL instead unless the ReefDose is coming soon.

I wonder if the RedSea ReefDose has been abandoned?

Chad3407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a video the other day where a redsea rep said it was coming at the end of this year. Wave pumps are coming in August or September.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also couldn’t wait any longer. I just bought a GHL doser

You won't be disappointed with that purchase atall:)

I feel that Red Sea has kindof bitten off more than they can chew with the promise of an entire equipment setup with such close release dates.

OP
OP
JustAnt

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been researching GHL, how do you like it so far? What are the pros and cons?
I haven’t set it up yet. Hopefully this weekend. I can tell you one of the driving factors was the integration with khl director and the upcoming ion director that will run tests beyond Alk. Also i can tell you that from looking at the instructions it seems confusing to initially set up and that is a somewhat common complaint online.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t set it up yet. Hopefully this weekend. I can tell you one of the driving factors was the integration with khl director and the upcoming ion director that will run tests beyond Alk. Also i can tell you that from looking at the instructions it seems confusing to initially set up and that is a somewhat common complaint online.

I run an Alkatronic and you should love the KH Director too.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you set it up yet? If yes, I look forward to your comments.

OP
OP
JustAnt

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it’s been running a few weeks now. Calibration was easy especially if u buy a 50ml graduated cylinder (I got one from BRS). Setting the amount to dose is easy as well as the times / frequency of each dosage. It’s been set it and forget it. Very pleased overall.

The biggest issues I ran into was during initial setup. Mine had a very old firmware on it which I think contributed to my difficulties in upgrading the firmware and getting it set up. One point of confusion for me was the were (I think 3) ways to set up the WiFi which threw me off. Long story short there was a lot of cursing getting it set up and updating the firm ware. Once I got the firmware update the set up process went smoothly and I’m happy with it. It’s very quiet too.

So overall I think my experience is typical of other reviews I read in that it can be a pia to set up but very pleased once I got it setup and running. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer them.

OP
OP
JustAnt

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible please post some pictures.

4A46B674-8988-4A51-8318-C21C84B14875.jpeg AFF8038E-8548-4A1C-80DE-0BA8EC26E9F4.jpeg 32BB9DD9-9B74-4DEC-A74B-66BF4947567C.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back