RedSea REEFER 525 XL Build

Clarksski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's all your fish doing? The anthias... Do you feed them 3x a day?? I want three for my new tank but I can't/won't feed 3x a day as recommended on websites

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update after a long time away....I switched my system over to @Aquaforest and have been running the system for a week now

I have also added a 120 watt UV filter to my system. I had a bacterial infection in my tank to it took out my 2 clowns and all my ventralis anthias....it was a hard loss, and the reason I added the UV. I know that many say it is not a great idea with the AF system, but I have added ceramic material to my sump. I dose to my sump, and have my apex set with a secondary feed mode that turns my UV and skimmer off for 1 hour.

With the loss of fish, I also had in my QT some new fish. I added 2 bellus female angels, a flame angel, and a new damsel. All are doing great, and loving their new home. Enjoy some pictures!

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2bbd.jpeg

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is that UV working out?
Seems to be working out very well...i have noticed a massive reduction in my algae growth as well as the cyano issue I was having was gone within 2 days of installation. My temps have risen a bit, but not to crazy. I usually kept my tank at 76, but with the UV it has jumped up to 79-80.1 degree range. This may also be due to winter here though. All summer we have our AC running, and now (about the same time UV went in) we switched over to the heater. Summer will tell =)

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not
How is that UV working out?
I did notice my SPS corals did not respond very well...I had a lot of tissue loss, and some of my corals might have died. My LPS has never looked better....not sure if related, but it may be due more to the temp change so quickly

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at changing the Reefer sump out for one with a built in refugium. Any suggestions?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back