RedSea REEFER 525 XL Build

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing the full RedSea system, and setting up automatic water changes

IMG_3263.JPG
How do you plan on keeping the Reef Energy refrigerated? I also dose the Red Sea Program. You will need to find a way to stir the NoPox. It needs to be shaken daily. That was something I learned after setting up my dosing system. I now dose my NoPox all at once and have to remember to swirl the bottle every morning.
DSC_0620.JPG

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you plan on keeping the Reef Energy refrigerated? I also dose the Red Sea Program. You will need to find a way to stir the NoPox. It needs to be shaken daily. That was something I learned after setting up my dosing system. I now dose my NoPox all at once and have to remember to swirl the bottle every morning.
DSC_0620.JPG
Dosing Reef energy manually, and as far as the NOPOX goes I have dosed it for almost a year without stirring and no problems. Keeps my PO down like it says just fine. PO last measure was 0 ppm with Hannah checker and feeding little anthias 4 times a day now.

omar jawad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing Reef energy manually, and as far as the NOPOX goes I have dosed it for almost a year without stirring and no problems. Keeps my PO down like it says just fine. PO last measure was 0 ppm with Hannah checker and feeding little anthias 4 times a day now.
Looking at your dosing bottle or container, does the bottom of the liquid appear yellow and cloudy while the top is clear? I only ask because when I reached out to Red Sea, they told me I needed to stir the bottle. I stated that it didn't say that on the instructions or bottle. They didn't really have an answer for that. Please let me know as I would much rather dose as I intended when I built my system. Slow and Steady.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your dosing bottle or container, does the bottom of the liquid appear yellow and cloudy while the top is clear? I only ask because when I reached out to Red Sea, they told me I needed to stir the bottle. I stated that it didn't say that on the instructions or bottle. They didn't really have an answer for that. Please let me know as I would much rather dose as I intended when I built my system. Slow and Steady.
Hello, I am dosing right out of the bottle. Maybe I will start giving it a good shake each day

image.jpeg

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pintails have been hiding since they got home. I may have to catch them and make a makeshift acclimation box so they eat :/
Sorry to hear that. I can feed my male by hand. They come right up to the glass where ever I am and will follow me around the tank.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The store had them separate but also just got them in. Not sure how long the wholesaler had them so they still maybe adjusting to "tank life". The rest of my fish follow me around the tank because they are not sure when I'm just looking at the tank or going to feed them. They are all spoiled with how much they are fed now thanks to those anthias.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun day working on my rock work...Let me know what you think!! Added some fun with Philips Hue LED light strip to the back of the tank for some light effects =)

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

Very cool. I like the ambient lighting behind the tank. That's a great idea!
I'm in the middle of setting mine up also (in black). Waiting for the rocks to cure, few more weeks. Following your build.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the new wrasse?

After we caught both Pintails I had them in a makeshift acclimation box. The one I never saw her eat but the pellets would be gone after a few hours. After a week she would come out and swim around a bit so I decided to let them out. She went right for the rocks and hid >.< But when I put frozen food in she comes right out to get food so I'll call the acclimation box a success. Cannot wait for one, or both, to transition into a male.

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the new wrasse?

After we caught both Pintails I had them in a makeshift acclimation box. The one I never saw her eat but the pellets would be gone after a few hours. After a week she would come out and swim around a bit so I decided to let them out. She went right for the rocks and hid >.< But when I put frozen food in she comes right out to get food so I'll call the acclimation box a success. Cannot wait for one, or both, to transition into a male.
The new wrasses are doing great! I was a bit worried at first, as my pintails took right after them. I increased my feeding for three days to help with the hostilities, and that seemed to do the work. They all hang out just fine, and feed great! The smaller sailfin still gets chased around a bit, but she can hide very well so no danger there. I try and get a good video tonight of them feeding and I will post it here for ya, but enjoy this pict =)

IMG_3534.JPG

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The New Sailfin

Pintails and the two new additions are getting along great....just took a couple of days and a little extra mysis =)

IMG_3549.JPG

bizacon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the NYOS 160? Any issues with the skimmer?

You have it on a stand or anything?

OP
OP
rbraunberger

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the NYOS 160? Any issues with the skimmer?

You have it on a stand or anything?
I really like it....i had it on a stand during the break in period, but now it is on the bottom of the sump. The only negative thing I have to say about it is the dome shape to the foam cup makes it harder to clean, but not impossible.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back