Redsea Reefer S 1000 to US conversion

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, got an S 1000 I’m working on setting up. My original plan was to use the stock plumbing setup. However, the more I think about my last tank, I’d like a little more flexibility than what that provides. Also, I’ve got an under the stairs closet right behind the tank which would be a great place to plumb the sump into.

That being said, I did not realize that the Redsea plumbing is all metric! I’m curious if anybody knows where to source the connectors for the overflow/returns (highlighted in red, just the black parts, not the grey pipe). If I can find these I can get a conversion pipe to convert metric to us. I want to avoid cutting the stock plumbing. I could do that and use a union converter, but want a cleaner look. Plus, would like to keep all the stock plumbing in case I ever decide to sell down the road.

D37BD6B0-933A-46BD-A1B0-07BD7FFE27E4.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if they have specifically what you need but both saltwateraquarium com and BRS both sell metric to standard fittings

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will need those. I think what I’ll have to end up doing is ordering some replacement plumbing from Redsea and cutting those then using the conversion pipe to do exactly what I want.

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for this? I have an open email chain with Red Sea and can get this answer for you more specifically I just need to know exactly what pieces you're referring too.

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for this? I have an open email chain with Red Sea and can get this answer for you more specifically I just need to know exactly what pieces you're referring too.
I'm looking for just the union pieces, the black nipple piece with the o-ring and union lock.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the solution you came up with?
I just ordered replacement plumbing online and then cut that, and paired with adaptive reef slip X slip conversion fittings. Here’s a pic of the 1.25” overflow I ended up with. The 3/4” conversion fitting is out of stock everywhere for weeks, but contacted adaptive reef and they’re shipping me a couple. It’s a pricey solution, but I’m OCD and will sleep better at night now haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 76

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered replacement plumbing online and then cut that, and paired with adaptive reef slip X slip conversion fittings. Here’s a pic of the 1.25” overflow I ended up with. The 3/4” conversion fitting is out of stock everywhere for weeks, but contacted adaptive reef and they’re shipping me a couple. It’s a pricey solution, but I’m OCD and will sleep better at night now haha.
I’m glad I found this thread. I’m encountering the same dilemma. I’ve got a peninsula 650 that I incorporated into my home remodel and need to customize the piping to get the sump in where it’s going. Where did you order those bulkhead parts? I’m looking for 32mm and am fine staying with metric. It’d also be great if I could source a Red Sea gate valve as I’d like to rotate it 180 for more accessibility (if possible). Maybe this is a one off, but I found Red Sea to be far from helpful in my communication with them so far on this.

OP
OP
hazylogic

hazylogic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the replacement parts from marine and reef. Keep in mind, I had to buy a full replacement assembly and then cut off the bulkhead connector and use the adapter in that.

drebay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the replacement parts from marine and reef. Keep in mind, I had to buy a full replacement assembly and then cut off the bulkhead connector and use the adapter in that.l
Ok. Thanks. I was sorta thinking I’d have to go down that road but was holding out hope to find the fitting by itself. Though I’ve read some where that Red Sea has that part fabricated. And no luck getting unassembled piping from them.

WallysWorld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a similar conversion using the adaptive reef converters. I did my conversion a little further down stream because it was easier to make the cut. See photo of mine, this is the main drain on a 300XL

Attachments

• 3553C9D8-278C-428A-96AA-1223E29E36A8.jpeg
    3553C9D8-278C-428A-96AA-1223E29E36A8.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 95

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back