RedSea ReefLED 50 settings

freeeeezy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have suggestions for the RedSea ReefLED50 blue and white settings for soft corals? There was an old thread about the light overpowering smaller tanks but there haven't been any updates for a while.

From what I see it looks like 35% Blue 5% white was a good starting point.

Obviously this will vary from tank to tank and it would be nice to use a PAR meter at some point.

For reference I have it on a RedSea Max Nano.

Thanks!
 
What size is your tank?
If the light is the correct strength for your tank then it should be up at around 75% ish plus. If your light is 2x or 3x stronger than needed then I can see running it at 35%
To give you an idea, I have AI Prime (which is 55 watts compared to your light of 50 wats) on a 15 gallon tank, mostly mushrooms and zoa's, set at 85%
 
Last edited:
To dim imo. Same tank same light, plus I run additional lighting. You can see the additional light I use in one picture and my RS 50 chart.
IMG_1136.png
IMG_1661.jpeg
 
To dim imo. Same tank same light, plus I run additional lighting. You can see the additional light I use in one picture and my RS 50 chart.
IMG_1136.png
IMG_1661.jpeg
What kind of corals are you growing? I wouldn’t want to nuke the softies I plan on getting.

Also just from what I can see that setup looks awesome!
 
What kind of corals are you growing? I wouldn’t want to nuke the softies I plan on getting.

Also just from what I can see that setup looks awesome!
Thanks…it is a mixed reef with SPS, LPS, soft corals. Start slow and gradually increase power over a few months. I don’t believe you will nuke anything. I have soft corals growing nearly out of the water directly under the RS 50.

image.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new