Redsea Reefled 90s

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Afternoon all,

Has anyone been using the Redsea LEDs? What are your thoughts on them so far?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used them at work and they are really pretty and powerful

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just bought 3 for my new RSR 525XL which is coming - should have them turned on in 2 weeks but won’t have corals and fish for some time yet. Will be interested to hear of other’s feedback.

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They remind me of Kessils too much and I’m convinced otherwise on that design for coral growth and coloration. Cost just under what an equivalent Radion would cost. No brainer for me, I went with Radions over my new Reefer 350 setup.

Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon all,

Has anyone been using the Redsea LEDs? What are your thoughts on them so far?
I’m using the 50w. It came with my nano. Tanks cycling but so far I like the easy navigation through the ReefBeat app. Love the shimmer. Best way I tell people about it is it’s like a radion and a kessil had a baby.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked mine up today and should have them on the tank this weekend. I’ve been scanning the forums for feedback on them for the past couple of months, and whilst there isn’t a lot of posts it’s pretty much all positive in terms of light quality, both the aesthetics as well as the coral response.

The only negative feedback I have seen is that some of the early ones needed to be factory reset to address a defect causing them to disconnect from the app and/or wifi network. For some this involved taking the cover off and removing the backup battery. I think Red Sea have addressed this in more recent devices.

DanH86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them on my 250. Corals love them, anything new is open shortly after being added.
Just watch for overheating on the early power supplies.

OP
OP
fishybizzness

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have them on my 250. Corals love them, anything new is open shortly after being added.
Just watch for overheating on the early power supplies.
I hear alot of negative comments about them when checking for reviews. It's great to hear some positive feedback. How long have you been running them?

Ly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant say if its a good light as im comparing it only to my maxspect rsx 200. But since switching ive seen positive results on corals. Also the wifi refused to connect for me so instead i just use the app and connect direct to the lights without issues even when powered off/on, no worries of wifi going out :)

DanH86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear alot of negative comments about them when checking for reviews. It's great to hear some positive feedback. How long have you been running them?

Since last August. I use one of the default light schedules, it comes with a few schedules plus staggered sunrise, moonlight, cloud and acclimation modes, all of which are also fully customisable.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back