RedSea Tank Seams

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting nervous hearing about RedSea tank failures. My bottom seams have algae growing in them does this mean I have to be careful?

image.jpg image.jpg

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What model/year is that tank? I am not an expert, I do have two RS tanks and watch my seams. This would make me nervous. However, I am unsure of the risk if it is not between two pieces of glass or just under that part that is touching one piece of glass. But, I can't give you any guidance. However, if that were my seam, I would have my tote plan ready to go. Supplies near the tank and some type of alarm to sell me if and when water hit the floor. But, that is me. I wish they would just fess up and admit the problem and help identify this way we could take the appropriate actions. I will not buy another RS tank. However, I will also never buy another "plug and play" system. I want to choose everything that goes into my replacement tanks. I know my RS Max 500 will have to go soon, unfortunately. I hope the old girl can make it until Spring...

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks like 40% of the bottom seam is gone. You have some time......but not much. We can probably add this tank to the list of Red Sea failures.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a way to force the Red Sea facebook group to allow these tracked comments. red sea just deletes anything posted to their boards. doesn't facebook have a way to require a seller to allow feedback vs just delete the feedback, can't RS be reported or flagged to FB for trying to shape feedback commentary/suppression?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back