Reduce tube clogging from Kalk - drip or spray?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IPT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IPT

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
573
Reaction score
401
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw a Tunze Pump hose holder and noticed they have the tubes essentially parallel to the water so it sort of sprays out. I have some I made but they dose pointing straight down. I do notice the Kalk one over time clog from whatever doesn't completely drain leaving the dry residue over.

Anyone have experience of one setup vs the another and notice that one method clogs slower than the other?
 
Not sure if one method is better or not. I used to have trouble with my AFR tube clogging at the end. I rigged it up so my ATO sprays on the end of the AFR tube and that keeps it clear.
That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new