Reducing the flow on a aquaclear hob fuge mod.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Djshabb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Djshabb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
86
Reaction score
2
Location
Midwest city, Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410138609.886337.jpg


I need to reduce the flow some I think I have the smallest propeller available and it is still too much flow. Any ideas?
 
You could partially block the openings on the intake strainer or break off a tab or two on the impeller.
 
I removed the impeller from the magnet and shaft, laid it flat on a piece of sandpaper and rubbed it until the overall height was reduced. This reduced the flow. I did a little at a time until it was where I wanted it.
Originally I trimmed the length of the blades but it threw it out of balance and vibrated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new