Redundancy Heater Programming

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind posting an example of one of your sensor or switch VO codes? I am getting ready to setup my tunze ATO and using the Neptune optical sensor in the reservoir to sense when water is low and want it to send me an alarm letting me know. Also would like to be able to turn the alarm off if possible.
Post #49 has some basic coding for Vo's and how to reference them in your email alert programming.

To turn the alarm off, just turn the VO's switch off, instead of Auto.

For isht and giggles, I'll post my ATO low alarm, and how I reference that in my email alarm.

Hers the VO coding named "ATO_Alarm":

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw3 OPEN Then ON(Sw3 is the float sensor in my ATO jug)
If FeedC 000 Then OFF(FeedC is my maintenance mode where I turn everything off)

The in my email alarm code I just reference that VO:
If Output ATO_Alarm = on then on

I do this for any and all float sensors and/or optical sensors. Assign a VO to them so you get an email with an actual sensor name instead of just "Sw3 open".

OP
OP
J

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #49 has some basic coding for Vo's and how to reference them in your email alert programming.

To turn the alarm off, just turn the VO's switch off, instead of Auto.

For isht and giggles, I'll post my ATO low alarm, and how I reference that in my email alarm.

Hers the VO coding named "ATO_Alarm":

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw3 OPEN Then ON(Sw3 is the float sensor in my ATO jug)
If FeedC 000 Then OFF(FeedC is my maintenance mode where I turn everything off)

The in my email alarm code I just reference that VO:
If Output ATO_Alarm = on then on

I do this for any and all float sensors and/or optical sensors. Assign a VO to them so you get an email with an actual sensor name instead of just "Sw3 open".

Thanks. Yeah that’s what I want to do for mine as well so I’m not guessing what the issue is. I have all the leak sensors on one VO called LeakDetector

If LDrain CLOSED Then ON
If LSUMP1 CLOSED Then ON
If LSUMP2 CLOSED Then ON
If LD_RTN CLOSED Then ON
Defer 000:05 Then ON

Then in the alarm code I have this

Set OFF
If Temp > 81.9 Then ON
If Temp < 75.9 Then ON
If LDrain CLOSED Then ON
If LSUMP1 CLOSED Then ON
If LSUMP2 CLOSED Then ON
If LD_RTN CLOSED Then ON
If Power Apex Off 000 Then ON

Which now reading your post mine probably won’t work because I’m not referencing the VO. So I’m thinking I need a VO for each sensor and then reference each VO in the alarm code.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your last line in the above post, is exactly what you have to do.

Wait, those sensors and switches you listed, they are the switches the LDK creates? You can rename switches with the new apex? I cannot rename any switch(I only have one BOB on my setup, so only have the 6 basic switches(Sw1, Sw2, Sw3, etc)).

If you can renames the switches, then you don't need VO's. The email should entail what line of code it set off. Like if your Lsump1 went off the email you get would be "if Lsump1 = open then on", and not "If sw1 = open then on".

OP
OP
J

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it looks like I can rename and did.

9600223A-D8FC-404A-BC84-6D3C61F3402A.jpeg

A35376FB-0753-4494-8F34-A5A9738805D9.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fellas. @homer1475 @rkpetersen So I just tested the leak detector. Everything shut down like it was supposed to. Got a crap load of alerts. It did tell me which one set it off. Dried it, waited a while and nothing came back on. Checked and still showed leak detector on. Checked coding and I didn’t have the Set Off statement in. Added that then boom it turned off, return pump and heater kicked back on and Skimmer after 2min like defer statement says.

So the question is the alerts. The VO worked for the detector switch letting me know which one. Then I assume I would get an alert for each piece of equipment that turns off and then alerts for each when they turn back on and the detector turning back off?

If so, then I need to create VO for each piece of equipment and reference them in the alarm coding? As you can see below the only thing I know is which detector.

616BEA00-54B7-422A-B314-4AC25A32C9D5.jpeg

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have to remember is if you have multiple alarms set off at the same time, the apex will only report the last line of code that set off the alarm. It has nothing to do with setting up VO's. A couple posts back, @rkpetersen mentioned this, but you might have missed it.

OP
OP
J

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you have to remember is if you have multiple alarms set off at the same time, the apex will only report the last line of code that set off the alarm. It has nothing to do with setting up VO's. A couple posts back, @rkpetersen mentioned this, but you might have missed it.

Probably just forgot. A lot of info to absorb and remember trying to to everything right from the start. I was just going off your post about using VO to know what triggered alarm. But thinking now that was for switches and sensors. Which it worked and told me the sensor that triggered it all. I was hoping to have it tell me each piece of equipment as well

I did setup a free schedule for water changes. And that worked perfect yesterday. Pretty happy about that. Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back