Reef 2 Reef Newbie

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm new to Reef 2 Reef and am very excited to be here. My husband and I currently have a 49 gal reef tank going and have a 90gal and 150gal both with 50 gal sumps about ready to get started! Our 49gal has two clowns, three chromes, one royal gramma, and one fang tooth blenny. We have a large cleaner shrimp and a large fire shrimp, along with a handful of hermit crabs, Lazarus snails, and turbos. We have red mushrooms that are going nuts and have bloomed from a bleak single that I was given for free into 22+, a stylophora that's reproducing like crazy, a torch, hammer, leather, zoas, bubble coral, candy cane, blue leptastrea, mother earth leptastrea, and a blue leptoseris. We've had the tank successfully running for over a year now and run AI Prime lights.

One question I do have to start this off with is should we make the 150 a FOWLR tank so I can get a few fun non reef safe fish and aim for a 220+ for our next reef tank? Give me your opinions, good and bad, what have you done? Give me all the details.

Attachments

• 70433.png
    70433.png
    57 KB · Views: 17

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm new to Reef 2 Reef and am very excited to be here. My husband and I currently have a 49 gal reef tank going and have a 90gal and 150gal both with 50 gal sumps about ready to get started! Our 49gal has two clowns, three chromes, one royal gramma, and one fang tooth blenny. We have a large cleaner shrimp and a large fire shrimp, along with a handful of hermit crabs, Lazarus snails, and turbos. We have red mushrooms that are going nuts and have bloomed from a bleak single that I was given for free into 22+, a stylophora that's reproducing like crazy, a torch, hammer, leather, zoas, bubble coral, candy cane, blue leptastrea, mother earth leptastrea, and a blue leptoseris. We've had the tank successfully running for over a year now and run AI Prime lights.

One question I do have to start this off with is should we make the 150 a FOWLR tank so I can get a few fun non reef safe fish and aim for a 220+ for our next reef tank? Give me your opinions, good and bad, what have you done? Give me all the details.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

+1 vote FOWLR which is my background (not what I'm doing these days) There are so many more options you can have when you aren't worried about the fish eating corals. Since you have space for multiple tanks, you really can do whatever your hearts' desire!

This is a great reference book type article I still refer:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back