Reef 2 Reef Newbie

Oketa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm new to Reef 2 Reef and am very excited to be here. My husband and I currently have a 49 gal reef tank going and have a 90gal and 150gal both with 50 gal sumps about ready to get started! Our 49gal has two clowns, three chromes, one royal gramma, and one fang tooth blenny. We have a large cleaner shrimp and a large fire shrimp, along with a handful of hermit crabs, Lazarus snails, and turbos. We have red mushrooms that are going nuts and have bloomed from a bleak single that I was given for free into 22+, a stylophora that's reproducing like crazy, a torch, hammer, leather, zoas, bubble coral, candy cane, blue leptastrea, mother earth leptastrea, and a blue leptoseris. We've had the tank successfully running for over a year now and run AI Prime lights.

One question I do have to start this off with is should we make the 150 a FOWLR tank so I can get a few fun non reef safe fish and aim for a 220+ for our next reef tank? Give me your opinions, good and bad, what have you done? Give me all the details.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm new to Reef 2 Reef and am very excited to be here. My husband and I currently have a 49 gal reef tank going and have a 90gal and 150gal both with 50 gal sumps about ready to get started! Our 49gal has two clowns, three chromes, one royal gramma, and one fang tooth blenny. We have a large cleaner shrimp and a large fire shrimp, along with a handful of hermit crabs, Lazarus snails, and turbos. We have red mushrooms that are going nuts and have bloomed from a bleak single that I was given for free into 22+, a stylophora that's reproducing like crazy, a torch, hammer, leather, zoas, bubble coral, candy cane, blue leptastrea, mother earth leptastrea, and a blue leptoseris. We've had the tank successfully running for over a year now and run AI Prime lights.

One question I do have to start this off with is should we make the 150 a FOWLR tank so I can get a few fun non reef safe fish and aim for a 220+ for our next reef tank? Give me your opinions, good and bad, what have you done? Give me all the details.
Hey oketa,
Welcome to the club.
I'd definitely keep the big one a fowlr, for a gorgeous Picasso trigger, among others

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community! I would say if you have the room for those tanks then definitely do the FOWLR. It gives you the opportunity to keep fish without worrying whether they're going to eat your coral. I'm jealous that you're able to keep the multitude of tanks! :)

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

as per non reef safe fish I don’t have the luxury but if you do go for it

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back