Reef 70.2 DT Water Level

MarkOfTel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

First post sorry if it's not great.
I have just finished setting up my Reef 70.2 and need some advice as a newbie to having a system with a sump.
Essentially I need some assistance to know if the water level is too high in my display tank?
If so how do I lower it?
The sump is around 10 inches of water with the return pump switched on.

IMG_0365.JPG

OP
OP
MarkOfTel

MarkOfTel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep looks good to me. WELCOME!! Mine is the same..
16111128767613715054779500487777.jpg
Hi thanks for your response, mine does seem a little higher as the water is starting to touch the waterbox etching in the glass.
Are you able to tell me how high your water level is in your sump with the pump running?
Thanks

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do remember it will only go as high as the emergency overflow. Just lower the pump for 30 seconds and then back on. Need to get a happy medium with return pump and ball valve. Took me a little bit to get it at a good level. But once you have the level your after, I just adjust the pump speed up or down for water levels.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your overflow is anything like mine the holes will get algae growth and thus raise the water level. If you get a thin bottle brush you can clean the holes and it will make the water flow better. I need to fro this monthly to keep it clean.

OP
OP
MarkOfTel

MarkOfTel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys one last questions, thanks for the help so far, it seems that the left hand flow nozzle has a lot more flow than the right? Is this normal?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back