Reef Aquarium Fact #151 Mr Clean Magic erasers makes cleaning glass easy INSIDE and OUT.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are going to continue discussing the reef aquarium facts submitted by our members. Do you agree or disagree? What are your thoughts?

Fact #151

Mr Clean Magic erasers makes cleaning glass easy INSIDE and OUT.

Truth or False? What else might we need to learn on this subject? Please also share any pictures that may pertain to the subject.

pg-3183_1z.jpg

Last edited:

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut individual slices off so I get about 3-4 cleaners out of 1 eraser. Also, I've been using my erasers inside my 240 acrylic since March and for over 1 year in my 125 I had before. As long as it's the original (unscented, no chemicals), I've never had an issue. I utilize each cut piece on the inside of the DT in-between a may cleaner and the acrylic and never had pieces fall off. I'll post pics when I get home for reference.

Country boy using tapatalk on a HTC Evo

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True! Inside the tank or outside. I'm not sure about the chemicals but I know people with acrylic tanks love them! no harm done yet from my knowledge.

bruno21447

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
magic

I use original magic eraser for over a yr also with no problems inside my tank. I have left it in for over a month lately without switching it out. Have not had any problems with my tank at all. It works great

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes for the inside of the tank.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the knockoff brand but it works just the same. These are WONDERFUL for acrylic. Not only do they get all the diatoms and other algae (not coralline) off the sides, they also buff out small scratches, and the sides stay cleaner longer than if you had just used the scraper. I don't know why, but its sure nice not having to scrap every few days.

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The "magic eraser" is an abrasive foam made from Melamine Polymer. The 2 active ingredients in making said polymer is melamine and formaldehyde. In its hardened state, melamine resins are used to make many household items such as plates, bowls, and a variety of utensils.

stephnjeph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The "original magic eraser" is safe to use in any aquarium. It is like cleaning with plastic.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take it nobody is tackling serious coraline buildup with them as pieces would definitely be coming off of the pad. Any serious scrubbing (which is all I do with them...bathroom tubs and sinks mostly) always ends with the disintegration of the eraser - just like a pencil eraser would.

-Matt

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just does not get the harder stuff, it always leaves a little behind on glass. On acrylic, it cleans like it was made for it!

pgr11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love them and its all I use on my 265 gal acrylic. I do scrub off coraline with them as well. Nothing crazy but I do scrub it off and no pieces coming off at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back