• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef bazaar unfortunate buying experience.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Memoreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my experience with this seller that I've been highly disappointed.
This seller sent me a pm stating he had 3 used Opheks for sale and we made a deal to have them shipped at $2,200. I sent over $2,100 and was to pay $100 at later time.
The package was suppose to be delivered on Thursday and I took time off work so I can be sure to accept. The package did not come Thursday and on Friday he reached out to make sure I received it since it showed delivered. He's statement was, the package was sent requiring signature, which is exactly what it should of been due to it's value.
I have not received the package and seller and I both agreed to file a lost claims through FedEx. According to FedEx, seller has never requested for signature in his shipment. The seller said he did request the signature, but doesn't know why it had not gone through. He later proposed to send new lights, 2 orphek v4 and 1 compact for $2,500. I asked if he can do 3 orphek v4 since he's a orphek vendor, but stated he could not. I accepted the offer, thinking to sell the compact and buy the full atlantik. I sent him $500 as gift, $100 more than the total to even help with the shipping! When the lights arrived, I listed and sold the atlantik compact.
I had trouble with one of the lights and asked orphek about it and provide them with the serial number I have received from the seller.
It seems that seller has listed the lights he has sent me as stolen! Not only that, these "new" lights are from April 2018 and the manufacture warranty is expired!
Few days later, he reached out to me, accusing me of scamming him.
I told him, if these serial numbers are those for a stolen orpheks, then what are the serial numbers for the "new" ones he supposedly sent me?
He said "Thank you, I saw the wrong record"
Not only has he reported the orpheks he sent me as stolen, he has been bad mouthing me in other social media, even though he accepted the fault.

At first, I was impressed with his response in helping out the situation, but now I am completely disappointed in his accusations.

Reef Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to share my experience with this seller that I've been highly disappointed.
This seller sent me a pm stating he had 3 used Opheks for sale and we made a deal to have them shipped at $2,200. I sent over $2,100 and was to pay $100 at later time.
The package was suppose to be delivered on Thursday and I took time off work so I can be sure to accept. The package did not come Thursday and on Friday he reached out to make sure I received it since it showed delivered. He's statement was, the package was sent requiring signature, which is exactly what it should of been due to it's value.
I have not received the package and seller and I both agreed to file a lost claims through FedEx. According to FedEx, seller has never requested for signature in his shipment. The seller said he did request the signature, but doesn't know why it had not gone through. He later proposed to send new lights, 2 orphek v4 and 1 compact for $2,500. I asked if he can do 3 orphek v4 since he's a orphek vendor, but stated he could not. I accepted the offer, thinking to sell the compact and buy the full atlantik. I sent him $500 as gift, $100 more than the total to even help with the shipping! When the lights arrived, I listed and sold the atlantik compact.
I had trouble with one of the lights and asked orphek about it and provide them with the serial number I have received from the seller.
It seems that seller has listed the lights he has sent me as stolen! Not only that, these "new" lights are from April 2018 and the manufacture warranty is expired!
Few days later, he reached out to me, accusing me of scamming him.
I told him, if these serial numbers are those for a stolen orpheks, then what are the serial numbers for the "new" ones he supposedly sent me?
He said "Thank you, I saw the wrong record"
Not only has he reported the orpheks he sent me as stolen, he has been bad mouthing me in other social media, even though he accepted the fault.

At first, I was impressed with his response in helping out the situation, but now I am completely disappointed in his accusations.

Wow! Just saw this! Bravo Jason!

Let's start out with the real facts.

1) The lights were never promised to be delivered on Thursday; they were shipped ground -- FedEx stated they will be delivered on Thursday, and then there was some delay on FedEx end. Surprising how you hold me responsible for that.
2) I sent you a message approximately 10 minutes after FedEx claimed the package was delivered. Somehow, within 10 minutes of 3, 25lb boxes being delivered to you, they were stolen.
3) You said "let me go to my neighbor" -- and then 2 minutes later, you said "I'm not home".
4) I gave you the benefit of doubt, and chased FedEx and ShipNex -- ShipNex confirmed that their web site has a bug where in certain cases the additional options (such as Signature Required and Insurance) do not get registered.
5) I sold you brand new lights, AT COST
6) I told you Orphek MIGHT be able to trace the lamps since they need to be connected to the internet

Here's the best part that you left out in your review:

7) A few days later, you contacted Orphek, asking them if they can trace a lamp you supposedly plan to keep -- the larger Orphek, not the Compact (since you mentioned that you wanted them to track the Compact since you were having issues with the buyer of your Compact lamp)
8) The manufacture date has nothing to do with Orphek warranty -- the warranty is from the day the lamp is sold; please get your facts straight.
9) I never told Orphek that the serial number you provided is from a stolen lamp; if that is what they told you, they inferred wrong. I know you are smart enough that you would not give them the serial number for the stolen lamps anyway since I have all the serial numbers.
10) I never called you out on social media or any other platform -- you just did it yourself with this post // please post screenshots of what makes you believe I did. I posted a warning for vendors not to use ShipNex because of their issues with additional options not being registered; and I plead to fellow reefers not to rip off vendors. We're not floating in money despite what you might think.
11) When did I accept "fault" and for what?

I'm still curious ... why did you provide Orphek the serial number to "track" a full version lamp, when you supposedly sold and shipped a compact?

- Archit

Last edited:
OP
OP
Memoreefs

Memoreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Just saw this! Bravo Jason!

Let's start out with the real facts.

1) The lights were never promised to be delivered on Thursday; they were shipped ground -- FedEx stated they will be delivered on Thursday, and then there was some delay on FedEx end. Surprising how you hold me responsible for that.
2) I sent you a message approximately 10 minutes after FedEx claimed the package was delivered. Somehow, within 10 minutes of 3, 25lb boxes being delivered to you, they were stolen.
3) You said "let me go to my neighbor" -- and then 2 minutes later, you said "I'm not home".
4) I gave you the benefit of doubt, and chased FedEx and ShipNex -- ShipNex confirmed that their web site has a bug where in certain cases the additional options (such as Signature Required and Insurance) do not get registered.
5) I sold you brand new lights, AT COST
6) I told you Orphek MIGHT be able to trace the lamps since they need to be connected to the internet

Here's the best part that you left out in your review:

7) A few days later, you contacted Orphek, asking them if they can trace a lamp you supposedly plan to keep -- the larger Orphek, not the Compact (since you mentioned that you wanted them to track the Compact since you were having issues with the buyer of your Compact lamp)
8) The manufacture date has nothing to do with Orphek warranty -- the warranty is from the day the lamp is sold; please get your facts straight.
9) I never told Orphek that the serial number you provided is from a stolen lamp; if that is what they told you, they inferred wrong. I know you are smart enough that you would not give them the serial number for the stolen lamps anyway since I have all the serial numbers.
10) I never called you out on social media or any other platform -- you just did it yourself with this post // please post screenshots of what makes you believe I did. I posted a warning for vendors not to use ShipNex because of their issues with additional options not being registered; and I plead to fellow reefers not to rip off vendors. We're not floating in money despite what you might think.
11) When did I accept "fault" and for what?

I'm still curious ... why did you provide Orphek the serial number to "track" a full version lamp, when you supposedly sold and shipped a compact?

- Archit

Thanks Archit for aiding me in this.

The reason this post is here today is because you posted on Facebook page, "Saltwater corals and more" and surprisingly the post is no longer there today when I went to take a screen shot.
Before we began, are you not accusing me of scamming you? Are you not holding me accountable for the "lost" lights?

If you are not, then I'm sorry. I took your facebook post incorrectly.

But, if you are:

To respond to your facts with real facts.

1) As a full time employee, tracking a package is very important because we cannot stay home for multiple days for a package to arrive. I have taken time off just to make sure I receive the package.
2) Agreed. According to my ring, I do not see a delivery on Friday.
3) You are cutting out some lines there. I had someone home to check on my behalf. Please use the full conversations.
4) I believe the purchase of method of delivery is still part of sender's responsibility. Not the delivering process itself.
5) I really would like to see if it's at cost. Orphek offered $799 for their Full sized. I have purchase two Full and one Compact for more. I had to sell the compact and even come out of pocket $200 more to get the third one.
But I still went with you to help you out.
6) I need to find this conversation to clear.
7) It seems I have provided the full orphek and not the compact. I no longer have the compact in possession. Why does contacting Orphek with the lights I have purchased has anything to do with you? Why did they contact you? Isn't it because you have reported these lights to them?
8) They said “This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser “ And yes, they said it's over 1 year.
9) Did you not text me saying, "You shared a serial number which belongs to one of the missing lights..." "That serial number is from the one of the lamps that FedEx lost." And this is a serial number of the "new" unit you have sent me.
10) explained this earlier. You have specifically said that buyer was scamming you. So you are accusing?
11) You accepted the fault for accusing when I provided the serial numbers of all the new lights you have sent me. I said, "These are the lights I got from you. If these are the lost ones, do you have the serial number for the new ones you have sent?"
And you replied, "Thank you Jason, I was looking at the wrong records; I do have the serial numbers for the older lamps--I'm not sure what exactly is going on with you needing the lamps asap and then selling them off right away but I'll let someone else decipher that."
To explain the second part, I needed to sell the compact right away to get the funds to buy the full orphek unit.

In the end, I still do have 2 full unit you sold me on my tank at this time.
I do appreciate how you have worked with me to get the new lights and case started.
If it was a private seller, they may have not been able to provide replacement since they do not have replacements.
But when you accuse wrongly of scamming, things change.

I did say let me know if I can help you with anything so, let me know if I could be of help.

Reef Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiding you Jason? Quite the contrary ..

See inline:

Thanks Archit for aiding me in this.

The reason this post is here today is because you posted on Facebook page, "Saltwater corals and more" and surprisingly the post is no longer there today when I went to take a screen shot.
Before we began, are you not accusing me of scamming you? Are you not holding me accountable for the "lost" lights?

Archit: Obviously you did not read that post correctly, or you would have noticed that I did not mention your name or reference anywhere. That post was taken down when trolls decided to defend ShipNex instead of realizing it was as a caution for the vendors. Am I accusing you of scamming you? At this point, based on recent points that have brought to light, yes, I am. However I did not mention your name to any one except the authorities.

If you are not, then I'm sorry. I took your facebook post incorrectly.

But, if you are:

To respond to your facts with real facts.

1) As a full time employee, tracking a package is very important because we cannot stay home for multiple days for a package to arrive. I have taken time off just to make sure I receive the package.
Archit: While I understand (we all do it when expecting high value deliveries), how am I accountable for delay on FedEx end?
2) Agreed. According to my ring, I do not see a delivery on Friday.
Archit: I do not have access to your ring; however I did believe you at the time and hence worked with you in trying to get you the lamps that you needed asap.
3) You are cutting out some lines there. I had someone home to check on my behalf. Please use the full conversations.
Archit: I simply stated that initially you mentioned "you" were going to check, and then 2 minutes later you weren't home.
4) I believe the purchase of method of delivery is still part of sender's responsibility. Not the delivering process itself.
Archit: I do not even know what you mean here. I shipped 3 lights via FedEx, provided you with tracking numbers, and kept you in the loop throughout the entire process. Not sure what else a seller is expected to do.
5) I really would like to see if it's at cost. Orphek offered $799 for their Full sized. I have purchase two Full and one Compact for more. I had to sell the compact and even come out of pocket $200 more to get the third one.
But I still went with you to help you out.
Archit: You realize Orphek is the manufacturer and their "cost" is lower than my "cost", correct? i.e. they can sell it for cheaper than I can.
6) I need to find this conversation to clear.
Archit: Which conversation? Where I mentioned that Orphek might be able to trace the lamps? Happy to post screenshots of our entire conversation from the beginning; I really have nothing to hide.
7) It seems I have provided the full orphek and not the compact. I no longer have the compact in possession. Why does contacting Orphek with the lights I have purchased has anything to do with you? Why did they contact you? Isn't it because you have reported these lights to them?
Archit: It actually has everything to do with me. Why would a user want to know if the lamp that they are using, can be tracked? And why would they in-consistent stories for a reason? First story being: "I reached out to see if they can help you. I am having trouble with a buyer right now." and second story being, that you are trying to track your compact, even though you provided the serial number for a full version.
And no, they did not contact me because I "reported these lights" -- they contacted me because just like to any normal person, it would appear fishy if an authorized retailer asks them if they are able to trace lamps (no serials provided), and a few days later a customer asks if a lamp can be traced -- a lamp that was originally sold to the said authorized retailer.

8) They said “This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser “ And yes, they said it's over 1 year.
Archit: Authorized retailers aren't considered "original purchasers" -- customers who purchase from Authorized retailers are "original purchasers".
9) Did you not text me saying, "You shared a serial number which belongs to one of the missing lights..." "That serial number is from the one of the lamps that FedEx lost." And this is a serial number of the "new" unit you have sent me.
Archit: As I mentioned in the chats, I was looking at the wrong records when I was sent serial number from Orphek -- I, however, never stated that serial number was of a stolen lamp. I did not provide Orphek with any serial numbers, period.
10) explained this earlier. You have specifically said that buyer was scamming you. So you are accusing?
Archit: Yes, I am accusing you; however I did not mention your name in any public setting; you did it all on your own with this post.
11) You accepted the fault for accusing when I provided the serial numbers of all the new lights you have sent me. I said, "These are the lights I got from you. If these are the lost ones, do you have the serial number for the new ones you have sent?"
And you replied, "Thank you Jason, I was looking at the wrong records; I do have the serial numbers for the older lamps--I'm not sure what exactly is going on with you needing the lamps asap and then selling them off right away but I'll let someone else decipher that."
Archit: Already took responsibility for that earlier; not sure what else you'd expect.
To explain the second part, I needed to sell the compact right away to get the funds to buy the full orphek unit.
Archit: Understood; not holding that against you -- simply 2 points: lights disappearing 10 min after being delivered; and you trying to track a lamp that you plan to keep -- which you still have not addressed.

In the end, I still do have 2 full unit you sold me on my tank at this time.
I do appreciate how you have worked with me to get the new lights and case started.
Archit: Thank you
If it was a private seller, they may have not been able to provide replacement since they do not have replacements.
But when you accuse wrongly of scamming, things change.
Archit: It is quite possible that I am wrong, but right now anyone that reads all the facts will agree with me. I had not taken any action until I found out that you contacted Orphek and asked them if a lamp can be traced, and then started provided inconsistent stories. This is when you added fuel to my suspicion and triggered further actions. Again, at no point was your name mentioned on any public forum -- you did that all on your own with this post.

I did say let me know if I can help you with anything so, let me know if I could be of help.
Archit: Thanks

Reef Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then do you prefer me to return the lights?

Jason -- I can not accept lights that have been opened without a restocking fee. If you want to go that route, I can most definitely work with you to come to an amicable solution. If this is the route you want to take, please email/pm/text/call me. You accused me of wrongly accusing you, and decided to shame our new business on a public forum instead of contacting me directly, so I provided you facts that backed my decisions on the same forum. Had you emailed or texted or called or PMed me directly and expressed your feelings, I would have shared the exact same, just in a private setting instead of public setting and I am positive we could have come to a better conclusion / solution.

I do not believe in sharing customers details in ANY public setting; however you put me in a tough spot to defend myself and my business and left me no choice.

I totally understand you wanting to defend yourself, and any one would; however you could have handled this differently in my opinion by contacting me directly and voicing your concerns instead of leaving a review that I happened to stumble upon.

- Archit

OP
OP
Memoreefs

Memoreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason -- I can not accept lights that have been opened without a restocking fee. If you want to go that route, I can most definitely work with you to come to an amicable solution. If this is the route you want to take, please email/pm/text/call me. You accused me of wrongly accusing you, and decided to shame our new business on a public forum instead of contacting me directly, so I provided you facts that backed my decisions on the same forum. Had you emailed or texted or called or PMed me directly and expressed your feelings, I would have shared the exact same, just in a private setting instead of public setting and I am positive we could have come to a better conclusion / solution.

I do not believe in sharing customers details in ANY public setting; however you put me in a tough spot to defend myself and my business and left me no choice.

I totally understand you wanting to defend yourself, and any one would; however you could have handled this differently in my opinion by contacting me directly and voicing your concerns instead of leaving a review that I happened to stumble upon.

- Archit

Believe me, I would not have done this had I not stumbled upon the facebook post as well.
I appreciate you acknowledging why I am doing this.

OP
OP
Memoreefs

Memoreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Believe me, I would not have done this had I not stumbled upon the facebook post as well.
I appreciate you acknowledging why I am doing this.

Just let me know if you want this post removed, I will and we can talk in private.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back