Reef Beat/Mobius App Help Needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, we changed internet services and because of that nothing is connected to the ReefBeat app. I can't seem to find how to set it to the new wifi network. I'm hoping once I get it connected to the network all of the existing settings will be the same. I currently have 2 Reef LED lights, 2 ReefWave's, and a roller mat connected to it. Right now it just says "not connected" but no option to connect to a new network. My Mobius app is the same way. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Hello, we changed internet services and because of that nothing is connected to the ReefBeat app. I can't seem to find how to set it to the new wifi network. I'm hoping once I get it connected to the network all of the existing settings will be the same. I currently have 2 Reef LED lights, 2 ReefWave's, and a roller mat connected to it. Right now it just says "not connected" but no option to connect to a new network. My Mobius app is the same way. Any help would be appreciated.
For reef beat you will need to erase everything and re set the light
 
For reef beat you will need to erase everything and re set the light
Oh man really? I was hoping to keep all the existing settings. Seems like a big miss for the app to not be able to simply connect to a new network. Most likely the same with Mobius I'm guessing. Oh well, thanks for letting me know, appreciate it.
 
Three options
1. Update your new router WiFi to replicate old WiFi SSID and password. This will allow all old equipment to connect to the WiFi without having to change anything

2. Connect your old WiFi router to the new one using a lan. This will create a second network but your existing devices can connect and then you can go into each device and update it to connect to new WiFi and then remove the old router

3. Reset as mentioned above and start over
 
WOW thanks. Very interesting, I'll look into option 1 and try to figure out how to get the old routers SSID... thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new