Reef Bottom Anemones

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice nems
I already see the ridiculous price tags and uanessacry names for these.
Top shelf aquatics has them for $550

Last edited:

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fintastic in Cary, N.C. has some in stock. (just arrived, or just arriving...can't recall as I read it before coffee this morning. doh.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned on FB that they're cold water species and won't last long in a reef, but I haven't been able to confirm this. I'd like to see how these do long term before making any judgments.

clabern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw in the Rock Flower anemone FB group that someone mentioned having had one for 2 years now, and some others chiming in to have had them, but no other info...

JQsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone mentioned on FB that they're cold water species and won't last long in a reef, but I haven't been able to confirm this. I'd like to see how these do long term before making any judgments.
I have them in my tank and I'm at 72-73

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don’t well in temps above 75 I read

JQsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them in my tank and I'm at 72-73
Obviously I will need a couple days to figure out if they are going to be all right but so far they are doing outstanding opening up and looking great.
20190503_110304.jpeg

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the fence about these critters. They look interesting, would be a great addition to the tank, but price and other unknowns weigh in heavier

myOmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about these, but just wondering if they will host Clowns or will they eat them.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the cold water marine aquarium owners on face book and they said Anthopleura fuscovirdis from the coast line of Shimane Town/Matsue City. Credit goes to Stu and them for digging up some info.

https://www.takuyamorihisa.com/gall...eJlP7xAyHdOlYXeejk9bVO7VCWFdkExwavOculZJ1ZlUs

https://www.seatemperature.org/asia...t0_95WEFa6OULOrbkcH1g1CSkT-UgvhQMpkjo3HPhyFcc

I would like to add one to my cold water tank but $500 is out of my budget unfortunately. They look to be a common nem there although color varies greatly.

myOmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can get one in Northen China for 5rmb which is around US$0.75 for a 2cm one and US$2.45 for a 4cm-8cm.
But when i ask them about clowns, they just say it's ok it's ok.... it is extremely hardy, can stay in water between 3-35*C
they are keeping it in normal tank with 25*C along with some small clownfishs but none of them are going anywhere near these anemones.
maybe can treat it like the Rock Flower Anemone ?

but my designer clowns are a bit too expensive to try....

maybe i can put it in a breeder box with a normal cheap clown and see what happens ?!

JQsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are they doing with your fishes ?
It's a frag tank so I dont have any fishes in there but watching them react to frozen food should lead me to believe if they do have stinging tentacles then a fish could get eaten by one. But they dont move around very much they really remind me of tube anenomes but without the tube and instead a long tentacle anemone foot

myOmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok.. it's been confirmed. a friend of mine lost shrimp and clown.
and the one you have should be from Fillipine, the one in China sea doesn't have that green/yellow strip on the tentacle. in China it sells for US$32

JQsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back