Reef Breeders Photon V2 Lighting Schedule/Intensity help

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I need some help with my light schedule. We moved from having a BuildMyLED light bar to Reef Breeders Photon V2.

We have a mixed reef of LPS/SPS and softies. But are not really getting the color on the corals that they should.

We have tried different settings, and haven't found the correct one for our corals. Below is our current lighting schedule.

Any input/suggestions are WELCOME. We want our tank looking the best it can, obviously just like everyone else.

ETA: I have a IM 30l

Last edited:

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see, here is my peak schedule (only 4 or 5 hrs a day)

Channels
1 12%
2 12%
3 75%
4 18%
5 75%
6 50%

I did have my blues around 50% but just upped them to make the corals look better. I also have the light ramping up and down for a few hrs before and after

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see, here is my peak schedule (only 4 or 5 hrs a day)

Channels
1 12%
2 12%
3 75%
4 18%
5 75%
6 50%

I did have my blues around 50% but just upped them to make the corals look better. I also have the light ramping up and down for a few hrs before and after

What kind of setup do you have and what kind of PAR are you getting? I have the Photon 36 V2+ 7 inches over my 40breeder and I just burned a hole in a monti. The thing is a beast! I only have the blues at 30% and the white at 15%.

NormanB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can, raise the light up some to even out hot spots. BRS has a nice review of the reefbreeders and recommend the light to be higher.

I have the 48-V2+ at 14.5" above the water and things look better than when it was 8".

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can, raise the light up some to even out hot spots. BRS has a nice review of the reefbreeders and recommend the light to be higher.

I have the 48-V2+ at 14.5" above the water and things look better than when it was 8

Howdy,

I need some help with my light schedule. We moved from having a BuildMyLED light bar to Reef Breeders Photon V2.

We have a mixed reef of LPS/SPS and softies. But are not really getting the color on the corals that they should.

We have tried different settings, and haven't found the correct one for our corals. Below is our current lighting schedule.

Any input/suggestions are WELCOME. We want our tank looking the best it can, obviously just like everyone else.

ETA: I have a IM 30l

Did you get your scheduling on track.

RicanKing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the 48-V2+ at 14.5" above the water and things look better than when it was 8".
I have mine at 12" off the waterline

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back