Reef Bright Dimming Module Apex Programming

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a long shot since this is a rather specific situation, but here's what I have. Maybe someone has used the same set up and can provide some assistance.

The Background:
I have Giesemann Matrix, 8-bulb T5 fixture that has been retro fitted with two Reef Brite XHO strips. So there are now 6 t5's and the two LED strips in the middle. There are three power cables coming out of the fixture - one controls two T5 bulbs, one controls four T5 bulbs, and one controls both LED strips. None of it is dimmable as it sits. I don't care about dimming the T5's. I did buy a rather pricey dimming module and with the terrific help of Reef Brite, finally ended up with the correct connecting cables.

The Programming:
Here is where I need help with the caveat that I know enough about the Apex programming to get me in trouble. I can usually figure things out with trial and error, but not much luck here.

I have the RB dimming module. I bought the dual version of it before I realized I could have probably gotten by with the single version since the RB must be wired together (one power cord handles both). I've attached a picture of the module. The light gets plugged in to the module, the module in to the Apex and in to the power supply for the light. I have the plug on one of the powerbar outlets and the other cables are plugged in to the VS1/2 port on the Apex. The LED's were working (on/off) without the variable speed cables being plugged in to the Apex.

So I set up two profiles for the ramping - see pictures below. I programmed the Variable Speed Outlets as well (I did both 1 and 2 since I wasn't sure which one to do). I've also attached a picture of the powerbar outlet the power supply is plugged in to. It shows the programming I was using prior to hooking it up to the Variable speed plug.

This probably makes no sense to anyone but maybe I'll get lucky and someone will see something obvious. I appreciate and help you can provide. Here are the images:

RB Dimming Module.PNG

LED_Dawn Profile.PNG

LED_Dusk Profile.PNG

Variable Speed 1.PNG

Variable Speed 2.PNG

Reef Brite Outlet.PNG

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a follow up in case any future readers find this, I think I figured it out. I changed the outlet programming and it seems to be working. It started out this morning with a sunrise! The picture below is about an hour in to the ramping. The XHO's are very bright so even at the lowest level, it's a very bright sunrise...lol.

Reef Brite Outlet Revised.PNG

20180512_080118.jpg

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@dbl Thanks for putting this together many years ago. The reefbrite directions were lackluster to say the least. This got me up and running in 5 mins after I realized this is just like setting up my pump programs!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back